Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dosi

Ordering bar setups???

I was doing a search on the possibility of bring on some liquor when we board the Star in May. I do not want to debate the rights and wrongs. I noticed several people mention ordering bar set ups to be delivered to their cabin. One poster mentioned getting scotch and soda. Is this possible??? If so how do I do this. Even if it cost more I think it would be alot easier and more convenient to just have NCL sell me the bottle than it would be to buy cowboy boots and then hide rinsed out listerine bottles full of hooch inside them :D .

I was doing a search on the possibility of bring on some liquor when we board the Star in May. I do not want to debate the rights and wrongs. I noticed several people mention ordering bar set ups to be delivered to their cabin. One poster mentioned getting scotch and soda. Is this possible??? If so how do I do this. Even if it cost more I think it would be alot easier and more convenient to just have NCL sell me the bottle than it would be to buy cowboy boots and then hide rinsed out listerine bottles full of hooch inside them :D .

Number I Used Was 1-866-625-1159 - they will charge your card about a week before you sale. You are asking for a bar set up.

Number I Used Was 1-866-625-1159 - they will charge your card about a week before you sale. You are asking for a bar set up.

So you get booze and soda?? And they let you keep it in your cabin???? Golly it's like Santa showed up early!!!! Man I have to think about laying off the hard stuff when info like this gets me so happy.

Doris--I ordered a 1 liter bottle of Johnny Walker Red for $40. I think that was the same price for Dewars. They also have some single malt (I remember glenfiddich) and some other "better" stuff for $50. When you call and ask for a scotch bar set-up, she will read you all the brands. The girs i talked to was obviously not a scotch drinker and it was a riot listening to her butcher the names--Coooty sark:D

Yes, I just did this and it was quite easy. No need to try packing anything. This makes boarding much easier as well.

Enjoy a cocktail while passing by Lady Liberty!

:p

for our 11 night cruise -- ordered Dewars, Amaretto and Tia Maria -- I don't know how much the individual bottles were, but the total was $150 plus $3 bar setup cost. When we arrived in our stateroom, the cordials were there, but not the Dewars. I made a quick trip down to the desk (and talking to a few of the ladies there -- they didn't know what I was talking about!) and by the time I got back to our stateroom there was a knock at the door -- and our missing bottle.

When I called passenger courtesy (can't recall the # now, but I'm sure you can find it here) I spoke to two or three different people before I got someone who knew what I was talking about!

We will definitely do this again, especially if we have a balcony -- it was great to have a before dinner drink and watch the sunset, and a nightcap at the end of the evening!;)

Lauren, I told Chris all about it on Sunday. We called and this is what we found out. It is $40 + $3.00 for middle shelf like Absolut and Bacardi, and $55 + $3.00 for the Upper Shelf, like Stoly. We're going to get an Absolut and a Bacardi with the onboard credit that they gave us for canceling our sailing date!

We decided it was easier to just do it legally and not worry about not having it. You know how much I like drinks on the Balcony!

7_4_13.gif

i.e. if I get Gin, will there be tonic and limes? Is there anything else other than the bottles included?

Thanks!

we're getting absolut & tonic-they told me to call room service for limes but I'm bringing a few...

they probably bring some glasses also.

The only phone number given is a toll-free one. Does anybody know how to order a bar setup from the UK? I tried phoning the UK NCL office and was told that this was not an option that was available.

The only phone number given is a toll-free one. Does anybody know how to order a bar setup from the UK? I tried phoning the UK NCL office and was told that this was not an option that was available.

I am going to call this afternoon. I will ask if there is a regular number they can be reached on.The other option is to use USA direct and a credit card. Not the cheapest call but does allow you to call an 800 number.

UK USA Direct

0-800-89-0011

or

0-500-89-0011

Is anything about the bar setup (which liquors are available, prices, etc.) listed anywhere on NCL's website or another website?

I saw the bon voyage gifts on the NCL website but do not see anything about a bar setup there.

Alright, I'm a lowly beer drinker. Was wondering if anyone knows if they have the same option available for beer?

You can get beer for your room by purchasing a beer helmet, which I believe is in the $20-$25 domestic/import range for a six pack (basically buy 5 get one free) you pay a $5 refundable deposit for the yellow plastic "helmet" I think this is th best deal there is onboard for beer, though I've read of "buy one get one free" offers for the helmets, which if you could find them would be a very good deal (on a ship anyway);)

Alright, I'm a lowly beer drinker. Was wondering if anyone knows if they have the same option available for beer?

I don't know, but in every port we buy the local brew, a six pack or 2 and have never been stopped bringing it back aboard.

Lauren, I told Chris all about it on Sunday. We called and this is what we found out. It is $40 + $3.00 for middle shelf like Absolut and Bacardi, and $55 + $3.00 for the Upper Shelf, like Stoly. We're going to get an Absolut and a Bacardi with the onboard credit that they gave us for canceling our sailing date!

We decided it was easier to just do it legally and not worry about not having it. You know how much I like drinks on the Balcony!

7_4_13.gif

Thanks, Linda. As usual....Chris didn't tell me. Let me know when You order yours, and who you called. Will it be in the room when we board?

Lauren

I'll call you with the number! It's somewhere on the thread that says "Don't even think about bringing wine on the dawn".

You have to order it at least 2 weeks before the cruise and it will be in your cabin when you get there. At least, it's supposed to be! :rolleyes: We're also going to try to get a plastic bottle of Jose C. in Hank's back pocket!

although I haven't used it yet....866-625-1159. From what I remember you may have to speak with one or two people before you get someone who knows about the bar set ups. Please post after you call so we know how it went. Thanks. :)

I don't know, but in every port we buy the local brew, a six pack or 2 and have never been stopped bringing it back aboard.

Same here. I think sampling the local brew is part of the cultural experience. These beers are so uncommon the ship probably won't have them for sale.

Another tip: I have noticed that if there is a desk set up for taking alcohol, that desk gets abandoned close to the cut-off time. So, if you time your return to the ship to be as late as possible, chances are the desk will be gone.

Disclaimer: I don't advocate returning to the pier late enough to take a chance on missing the ship. I'm just saying that if you wish to hang out nearby until the last minute, you can. Often you can visit shops, etc. very near the ship and return right at the appointed time.

Thanks for the number dosi. We don't leave for 6 months yet (I just like to plan well in advance) so I'll hold off for a while before phoning but will let you know how it goes.

Called the 866-625-1159 number today and after a short wait was helped by a knowledgeable rep who reviewed what was available and took my order ... bottle of Rum and 2 sixers of Coke (didn't have Muscat wine so will bring a small bottle of that onboard). All in all, not a bad experience, but a little pricey. But, if we bought the same quantity from the bar onboard, it would be substantually more. Hope this helps ... and thanx to all for the info.