What is the lastest you have disembarked?

When we did our Panama Canal cruise, we disembarked in San Juan. Our group of 8 went to the Safari Club to wait as we were not in a hurry either. Finally about 10:00 4 of our group heard their color called but we had not, so we stayed. After a while, we got a little concerned (but time had passed quickly as we sat and reminisced about our cruise). We went to the Centrum to find out what was going on only to find just a few crew members there. After looking at our watches and seeing it was almost 11:00, we decided to leave....and found that we were the absolute last off!:eek:

So far this year we have been on Princess, Msc & Holland.

If your ship is in early, they will want everyone out by 10:00.

This has been speeded up by the fact that all ships now offer "carry your own luggage off" option. We did that. You do not put anything out the night before. You are responcible for taking everything wih you.

As soon as the ship is cleared,you leave. There is a tremendous amount of people that take advantage of this. They start lining up early and get off immediately. We have been off by 8:00 every time.

They do not have to congragate to find their luggage at the port.

They don't want you to "linger", and you'll find the service sorely lacking on that last morning...it's NOTHING like you've gotten used to during the cruise. It's a "hurry up and leave" sort of feeling.

Plan on spending your time somewhere else!

Stay as long as you like, lifeboat number 12 is a good place to hide, after that simply dine in The Windjammer, and wash in the jacuzzi, no one will notice.

LOL! I was going to suggest behind the curtain in the golf simulator. ;)

I guess you would have to sleep out on one of the decks at night :p

When my friend and I sailed on Carnival Valor, we decided to remain on the ship as long as we could before disembarking. The announcements began as subtle suggestions, then got more pressing.

• No waiting to leave the ship at this time. It would be a good time to disembark.
  • This would be an excellent time to disembark. No lines, no waiting.
  • All remaining passengers should be disembark at this time.
  • Get off my ship! (the cruise director)

Just off the Explorer on Saturday with the same situation - a late flight. We switched our luggage tags for the last colour, and waited for the "everybody off" announcement which happened at around 10:30 (we docked at 8am in Bayonne).

While you are staying on board as late as you can, you need to vacate your cabin reasonably early. Remember, there are people waiting to board and find their cabin(yours) made up and ready to occupy. So don't be too selfish about vacating your cabin; you may be in the other position(waiting to board) soon.

We were on the Enchantment and had friends doing a B2B on her. We stayed to chat with them waiting on our color to be called. We were sitting in chairs overlooking the centrum and watched the guests leaving. At 10am, our friends had to meet in a lounge with other B2Ber's, so they left.

We waited and waited, I got a bit concerned as they hadn't called out a color in almost 30 min.

No one was around, crew were gone and I saw no guests. It was after 11am and I went down to the exit and asked a security guard when they are going to call our color. She looked confused and said go ahead and leave. When we got to baggage claim, there were only a few guests, everyone else was gone.

I guess they would have caught up with us eventually! We talked about it with our friends and said it would have been fun to be a stow away in their cabin.

.............We talked about it with our friends and said it would have been fun to be a stow away in their cabin.

I broached that possibility with our waiter. He just laughed. They *will* catch you :D

Oh, the joy of disembarking late!! My luggage is sitting alone in the middle of the baggage claim area!! No hunting for bags!!

That is one possibility. The other is that someone has walked away with it :D

They don't want you to "linger", and you'll find the service sorely lacking on that last morning...it's NOTHING like you've gotten used to during the cruise. It's a "hurry up and leave" sort of feeling.

Plan on spending your time somewhere else!

True that....

The few times I have had late flights I have booked an excursion - which ends at the airport. In most cases it is a cheap way to extend our vacation just a few hours more, AND get to the airport from the pier.

Cheap NOT. A way, YES. You can just as easily book a cab or rent a car for a few hours to take you around.

Cheap NOT. A way, YES. You can just as easily book a cab or rent a car for a few hours to take you around.

Actually - I booked a tour in FLL for about $15 more than than the cab fare would have been .. They are not always a rip-off . ..

Actually - I booked a tour in FLL for about $15 more than than the cab fare would have been .. They are not always a rip-off . ..

Really? Do let us know how it goes and the name of the operator.

Our next cruise will have a late flight coming home so I figure, why rush? How long can I stay on the ship for? What is the latest you have gotten off?

I couldn't say for certain now but it was probably around 6 or 7 PM on Brilliance when we were delayed debarkation due to the Spanish fisherman blockading the port.

Our latest disembark was on our Grandeur '06 cruise - we had rudder problems coming back from Mexico and had to go very slow up the Chesapeake Bay. We were supposed to dock at 7am-ish and it was after 3 before we docked:D We waited til the very end, as we had driven to the pier, so I think it was around 4:30 or so:p

That is one possibility. The other is that someone has walked away with it :D

Absolutely true - happened to us once - and we were one of the first off that time to catch a plane. It was found on the pavement outside!!

Apparently, this happens quite frequently. Still, not as neurotic about it as its going home. Its arriving on the ship minus baggage that strikes me as a bit of a nightmare!!:eek:

Archived