Independence questions

Hi

I hope these questions haven't been asked too many times before. I tried the search but couldn't find what I needed.

The boat arrives in Southampton at 5am and I have three flight choices to get home 8.30, 10.50 and 17.20. I am thinking the 10.50 would be ok for getting to Southampton airport but it totally depends on what time they let you off the boat. Does anyone know the earliest you can leave?

Second question is about laundry. Does the ship have a self service laundry? If not how expensive is it to get your clothing cleaned?

Thanks very much in advance.

Don't call her a 'boat' - you'll get lynched -she's a ship!!

If you do Express Walkoff and carry off your luggage no reason why you cannot be at the airport by 7:30, but I would go for the 10;50 flight just to be safe.

There is no self service launderette, prices for the laundry service are on the RCI website under FAQs (just type in laundry)

Hi

I hope these questions haven't been asked too many times before. I tried the search but couldn't find what I needed.

The boat arrives in Southampton at 5am and I have three flight choices to get home 8.30, 10.50 and 17.20. I am thinking the 10.50 would be ok for getting to Southampton airport but it totally depends on what time they let you off the boat. Does anyone know the earliest you can leave?

Second question is about laundry. Does the ship have a self service laundry? If not how expensive is it to get your clothing cleaned?

Thanks very much in advance.

Last April we disembarked as quickly as we could and it was around 7:30am as we had a hired car waiting to get us to Healthrow. No self service laundry though. We wish they did! They have "all you can fit in a bag" laundry specials and we did that on several occasions. We are cruising on the westbound transatlantic on her in November and plan to bring much less and travel light and just use the laundry specials, so it is not that cost prohibitive.:)

lol I apologise.

I found the prices so thank you very much for that.

Do they ever offer laundry specials? Its a 14 night cruise and we can only take very limited luggage so it could get expensive (although its a lot cheaper than what was being charged on ncl last week).

Last April we disembarked as quickly as we could and it was around 7:30am as we had a hired car waiting to get us to Healthrow. No self service laundry though. We wish they did! They have "all you can fit in a bag" laundry specials and we did that on several occasions. We are cruising on the westbound transatlantic on her in November and plan to bring much less and travel light and just use the laundry specials, so it is not that cost prohibitive.:)

Thats perfect! Thanks so much for your help.

the only laundry 'special' bag we have seen costs $20 and it states you can only put in underwear, swimwear, pyjamas. tshirts and shorts. It is a 'wash and fold' service only. There is a short retractable washing line in the shower ,we decant a small bottle of concentrated washing liquid like "Small and Mighty", anything we have washed dries overnight , even t.shirts, as there is an extractor fan in the bathroom. Gives me something to do on sea days;)It works for us:) .

Archived