FC Barcelona Football Stadium Tour

We're going to be in Barcelona for a day later this month. I figure we'll take the HOHO double-decker bus, and one of the stops is the FC Barcelona football stadium and museum. I am sure my son would enjoy going to this (I know he wants to buy a souvenir there) but my wife and daughter can probably do without it and at 13 euros per person I'd just as soon not get them tickets. Is there something else that they might be more interested in within the immediate area that they could do while my son and I do the tour? Or will everyone enjoy it even if they don't like soccer (er, football :)).

Interestingly, I just found that tickets are regularly 17 euros. They are discounted to 13 at http://www.spainbookers.com/en/barcelona/activities/tour-football-stadium.html (which is why I thought they were 13).

I did not get off at this stop, so I can't say for sure if there are specific things of interest nearby, but I have done a stadium tour in the US and I really enjoyed it. Our girls were pre-teens at that time, and they enjoyed going behind the scenes to see what happens in the bowls of the stadium.

If you take the HOHO, there is a coupon booklet that may also provide a discount. You need one coupon per person, so carry all booklelts.

If your family does not want to tour the stadium, maybe they could get off at an earlier or later stop and meet you at a designated place. I'll have to check the HOHO map and see what's nearby.

When we visited Barcelona with our sons last year my football-mad son visited the stadium with his dad whilst I took the other (arty, hates sport) son to La Pedrera and we met up at a pre-arranged time and place.

There's nothing really for your wife and daughter to do around the stadium in terms of shopping and sightseeing. However, there is a large cafe area outside the shop where they could sit and have a drink/bite to eat and watch the world go by while you tour the stadium. However, if you don't have a lot of time in Barcelona that might be a waste of time which could be spent elsewhere. Perhaps they could continue on the route and get off at Placa Catalunya for a little shopping ;)

Your son will be very satisfied with a visit at Nou Camp. I was there couple of years ago, and I was quite impressed by the stadium itself and actually the two floor big souvernires shop. Since I comes from a small football country (Norway), and living in a even smaller (Latvia), it was fun for me to see all those different souvernires - not only football shirts and scarfs:) I especially remember the Christmas crib in FC Barcelona colors:)

Beeing just a boy myself (age 29), its still fun to go to these kinds of places. :)

Checck and see if the stadium is going to be open. We were there on a Sunday a week ago and it was closed to the public. I don't know if that is a Sunday thing, or if there was something else going on, but don't put all your eggs in one basket to spend time there.

I am taking this from the guide provided by the Barcelona Bus Turistic (HOHO):

"...If you sign up for a guided tour, you can discover all the secrets of the Camp Nou stadium: the dressing rooms, the director's box, the pitch....

*this stop will be cancelled on those match days when the Museum is closed."

It also provides a 5% discount on tickets for tour/museum but does not give the per ticket rate.

There are no tours when there is a game or another event. Check their website before:

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/club/club_avui/territori_barca/museu/museu.html

The tour itsself is self-guided and can be done rather quickly. You will follow a designated path that leads you through the dressing rooms, the press room, a small museum and that ends in the souvenir shop. I think it will be impressive enough even for non-footballers. She can walk quickly through and spend some time in the cafeteria while you are loosing a fortune in the souvenir shop.:D

Thanks for the all the replies. We will be there on a Monday and there are definitely tickets available that day, so there is no match or anything. And it sounds like the HOHO discount is not nearly as good as what I can get online.

It also sounds like my wife and daughter might be interested in the tour. How often do you get to see the inside workings of a stadium?

my daughter 21 and myself have been in barcelona since the 25 of june and she went on the stadium tour she loves football but was happy with the tour. i took the advice and waited outside. we will be on the cruise

my daughter 21 and myself have been in barcelona since the 25 of june and she went on the stadium tour she loves football but was happy with the tour. i took the advice and waited outside. we will be on the cruise

So what did you do while she was on the tour? Just sit around and wait?

On a different topic, are there any good places for reasonably priced FC Barcelona souvenirs in Barcelona, maybe along Las Ramblas? I assume that stuff being sold at the stadium store will be expensive. Amusing story: we generally cruise in the Caribbean and have found many stores there with very reasonably priced authentic looking football tops, I think I paid $8 each last time.

Would love to hear how you get on, we have a full day in Barcelona in September and my OH and teenage son want to go on the tour, we are just weighing up going on the hoppa and visiting the stadium on our own versus going on the excursion arranged by the ship, just hope there's enough time to see all the other sites as well as the stadium tour. Thanks Kaz Manchester UK

I did this in November 2007. Recommend getting the audio tour for an extra 5-6 euros. You not only get to pitch level, ( but not allowed on grass) you also get to sit in VIP seats, and then all the way to the top where media boxes are. Three different viewpoints. Then the dressing rooms, the " tunnel" where players come through, and a museum showing all the past teams, achievement of team.

The souvenir shop has at least 6 checkout lines, each one lined up 5 deep. This is massive business, as people kept coming through .

I was fortunate enough to take in a game...... it was just WOW, to be in the biggest football stadium in Europe, hearing the crowd chanting the team song, etc. Hotel concierge arranged ticket, it was from season ticket holders selling games they do not have time to attend, a practice encouraged by the football club. My seat was 5 rows above the VIP section.:D

1116387373_Oceania2007.Istanbul749.jpg.7a87ca9f0d697cd2f4b7767c04e418c3.jpg

161188966_Oceania2007.Istanbul778.jpg.227db7ca9fb5ef98752824da25152832.jpg

since we had been here for sometime just took a break in the cafe. on las ramblas every other store sells fcb stuff thing is hard to say if they have EVERYTHING the stadium has. if just a team member shirt it is much cheaper in a store. do you happen to know which port the ship leaves from ?

Archived