Different Question - Church!

I like to think I'm the only Generation Z member on the boards, so maybe this is a little odd coming from me but...

I was thinking today if anyone knows any good Christian (especially Catholic) churches on Isle of Pines, Mystery Island, Port Vila, Lifou or Noumea. It's not a biggy, and it's not as if I want to make sure I'll be at church every chance I get, I'm just a big fan of checking out how different cultures celebrate the same faith!

Not sure how will go - but would be cool to see what CCers have seen around the place!!:D

Ta,

Scotty

Port Vila, Lifou and Noumea are easy (if you are there on a Sunday). In Vila you would have to ask a taxi driver to take you to the church. In Lifou, walk to the right about half a kilometre or so. In Noumea the Cathedral is a few blocks inland from the cruise terminal and a block or two to the right. Hope that makes sense.

No-one lives on Mystery Island so there isn't a church, and at Isle of Pines it is several kilometres to the nearest village where there is a church.

Evon.

Also if you are into the church things last time i was on a crusie they did have a chuch session you can go to so you can see what they do on the cruise as of church.

From memory they did it about 6 or 7 am on a sunday so it must of been sunday mass hope that gives you another idea as well.

The day we called at Lifou, some of the locals were offering a van tour and they took us to a Mission School that was having a school gala day. The children all had their work out on display, they made us very welcome, and we were encouraged to tour and inspect the school.

Archived