DVR Alert - Mariner to Mexico

Did a search and didn't see this, if someone already posted sorry.

Anyway, there is a NEW Great Cruises being shown on the Travel Channel this Thursday, July 9 (10 PM EST) - The Mariner to the Mexican Riviera. Don't know too much about it other than that, but will be watching since we will be doing that cruise in 6 week :D! I know there are a lot waiting on news from the Mariner now that she is back in Mexico.

Anyway, there is a NEW Great Cruises being shown on the Travel Channel this Thursday, July 9 (10 PM EST) - The Mariner to the Mexican Riviera. Don't know too much about it other than that, but will be watching since we will be doing that cruise in 6 week :D! I know there are a lot waiting on news from the Mariner now that she is back in Mexico.

akcruz,

Cool. Thanks. Just set my DVR. It is on Thursday at 9pm central time.

Colleen

Thanks for the heads-up. I likely would have missed this. This is the cruise I want to take my family on next year, so I will be DVRing it to save and savor!

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

Can't speak to the Mexico itinerary, but the Mariner is a beautiful ship with a great crew. Captain Johnny is hilarious and quite a character--when last I sailed on the Mariner in the Caribbean, he said he was moving along with the Mariner to the west coast.

Looking forward to seeing the Mariner on video.

TV show is Great Cruises...looks like the Travel Channel has 13 episodes of different ships. Was on Mariner a couple of months ago but ended up on the changed itenary due to Mr. Swine Flu. Looking to book a cruise in October so it will probably work out better for us since I can get some info about the ports.

Already have the DVR set, but I have to say, I am less than thrilled with this series. I feel like too much of the short 30 minutes is focused on the ports and not so much on the Cruising experience. I just watched the one on SilverSeas Shadow, and it was really bad. I cannot stand that Brooke girl, give me Samantha Brown anyday. If Brooke is on every episode, I might have to find another way to get my cruising fix.

Hello

We just returned today from our 7 days cruise on the Mariner. We we on her in this past May when our intinerary was changed to the Pacific North Coast. We had such a great time on her, we decided to sail on her again since the price was right (low low low) and she was going back down to Mexico. The Cruise Director we had in May was Ken Rush. Really liked him, he was much fun. But this cruise we had Abe Hughes and he was terrific! Rate him as a 10/10. Love Captain Johnny. Such a nice and funny guy. Very visible. We thought we were going to have bad weather since the hurricane had just went by Mazatlan, earlier in the week. The only rain we got was Thursday night and had some cool wind on Saturday.

The food was ok in the MDR. Nothing like it use to be, but I know times are changing and in order to keep the prices of cruises down, they have to make cuts/changes. But you will not be disappointed on your service. This is one of the things that makes this ship shines. (Besides the ship herself) Her crew is outstanding.

We did eat once in Chops and the $25 charge is well worth it. Again great service and the food, unbelieveable.

Thinking about sailing on her again in December with the grandchildren.

Already have the DVR set, but I have to say, I am less than thrilled with this series. I feel like too much of the short 30 minutes is focused on the ports and not so much on the Cruising experience. I just watched the one on SilverSeas Shadow, and it was really bad. I cannot stand that Brooke girl, give me Samantha Brown anyday. If Brooke is on every episode, I might have to find another way to get my cruising fix.

Mokaheena WHy not email to Travel Cruise and tell them how you feel. You prefer Samatha Brown. I do prefer Sam my self because I like the action and reactions she does.:)

Thanks for the heads-up!

Looking forward to the show.:)

Samantha rocks!

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this episode 60 min?

Yes, the episdoe is 60 minutes, but no Samantha Brown. From what I understand this series follows regular passengers nobody most of us know.

Just set the DVR, my DH and I were on the Mariner a couple of years ago to celebrate our 30 year anniversary when it was sailing from Port Canaveral. What a wonderful trip! I will be excited to see the ship again!

Archived