Dress at sea - thongs!

Alright! Four more sleeps and we are on the boat, so our final questions are streaming in thick and fast!

The boys and I were curious about thongs (the rubber ones on your feet...thank you hahaha:p) Jeans, Tee shirts and thongs are pretty much our standard dress, will this be acceptable on the ship during the day and at the buffet for dinner? What about on the inhabited islands (such as Mystery Island)?

So excited - thanks for all the helpful tips on this forum by the way, it's been my home for the past three weeks!!!

Thanks guys!

Scotty

Hi,

I wear thongs too. Definately OK for around the ship, and I think the buffet too, but I didnt wesr them at night, only day time. As for the islands, yes Ok for this too, however I would suggest to take some sneakers/sandshoes as most a lot of the island beaches are made of sharp fine coral, and this will get in the thongs and make a mess of your feet. Some beaches are fine, like Champagne Bay, Isle de Pines, Noumea, Vila, parts of Mystery Island. If you are snorkelling definately buy some reef shoes from Kmart for around $10 - $15. A good investment for this and future cruises.

Hoping this helps.

Bob

Yep... we live in our thongs too :p.....just not allowed in the Dining Room.

They are ok for most of the islands, but as Bob said take a pair of reef shoes with you, as some of the beaches have a type of 'coral sand' and and you may need more protection than just thongs.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!!!:D

Ps. Just had a look at your cruise and you are going to the most beautiful islands in Ouvea and Isle of Pines. The sand here is so fine it is like walking on silk.

Bobby, Pete and Marg - thanks so much! We did the reef shoe shopping on the weekend. Built the excitment even more with your PS marg!!

Eileen - Exactly right!!!

Thanks all

Scotty

I live in thongs too, just be careful in them if you are walking on a wet deck, you can slip and slide very easily and you don't want to do yourself an injury and spoil the cruise. Last cruise i took them off and walked bare foot on wet decks.

From my recent cruise in Feb this year I learnt to take spare pairs - myself and my daughters kept breaking sandel type shoes from the water on the deck. Between the 3 of us we broke about 5 pairs of shoes.

Archived