Ncl coupon

Sam The Cat

My GF and I purchased three $250 coupons on our last cruise. We are thinking about using them all on our next cruise for three cabins (excuse me if I am using the wrong words-I know My GF and I and will have a suite). Anyway my question is that we are thinking about booking through a third party, what happens to the coupon if one of the parties has to cancel prior to the cancellation period. Does it revert to a coupon or OBC. We normally book through NCL but recently received an email which is the same price as NCL, since NCL will not let 3rd parties discount the price, but they are offering OBC

Thanks

Sam

My GF and I purchased three $250 coupons on our last cruise. We are thinking about using them all on our next cruise for three cabins (excuse me if I am using the wrong words-I know My GF and I and will have a suite). Anyway my question is that we are thinking about booking through a third party, what happens to the coupon if one of the parties has to cancel prior to the cancellation period. Does it revert to a coupon or OBC. We normally book through NCL but recently received an email which is the same price as NCL, since NCL will not let 3rd parties discount the price, but they are offering OBC

Thanks

Sam

I believe it is called a future cruise credit. Should one of the parties have to cancel PRIOR TO THE FINAL PAYMENT DATE and you have used a travel agent to book your sailing, the future cruise credit ($250) reverts back to you. At least that is how it worked for us. It took a lot of phone calls and emails (YOU have to be your own advocate in matters like this), and we ended up booking another cruise right away using the credit for the deposit on it. I believe we did have to pay a $50. cancellation fee to the travel agency, however, so get all the facts on agency policies before you book.

Also keep in mind that the cost of a deposit for a suite is more. The future cruise credit can be used as PART of the total deposit. But it's fine for balconies and below.

We were able to use our cruise certificate for our Penthouse in January of 2010. So I am not sure what you say is always the case.

We were able to use our cruise certificate for our Penthouse in January of 2010. So I am not sure what you say is always the case.

It think they meant "suites" by courtyard villas or higher. They have different deposit amounts.

PAYMENT / DEPOSIT SCHEDULE

Cruise Type Deposit

(per person) Air Deposit

(per person) Final Payment Due

prior to sailing Final Payment Due

Holiday Sailings Only

prior to sailing

1-2 days

(excluding Hawaii) $50 $0 60 days 75 days

3-5 days

(excluding Hawaii) $100 $0 60 days 75 days

6-9 days

(excluding Hawaii) $250 $0 75 days 90 days

10 days or more

(excluding Hawaii) $400 $0 75 days 90 days

Hawaii Cruises

4-5 days $100 $50 75 days 90 days

Hawaii Cruises

6-9 days $250 $50 75 days 90 days

Hawaii Cruises and

10 days or more $400 $50 75 days 90 days

Garden Villa

Category A1 1st and 2nd

$2500 per person

3-8

$250 per person N/A 90 days 90 days

Courtyard Villas and Owner's Suite

Categories A2, A3,

A4, & AA 1st and 2nd

$1500 per person

3-8

$250 per person N/A 90 days 90 days

It think they meant "suites" by courtyard villas or higher. They have different deposit amounts.

But the last sentence also said: "But it's fine for balconies and below" so I believe they mistakenly thought it could only be used for a a partial deposit on any category of suite.

But the last sentence also said: "But it's fine for balconies and below" so I believe they mistakenly thought it could only be used for a a partial deposit on any category of suite.

You are right. That is what I mistakenly thought. I got my information only from posts I'd read on cruise critic without seeing the list of amounts of deposits. Thanks for the clarification!

Our cruise reward deposit reads: "limit one (1) cruise reward deposit may be used per stateroom and may be used as the full deposit for all staterooms except Owner's Suite, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas. One (1) cruise reward deposit may be used as a partial deposit towards the full required deposit for Owner's Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas".

The new cruise reward deposit give you four years to book and sail from date of purchase. They are fully transferable with no transfer fee.

Archived