Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goouchjac

Just back Millie, 12/12

Third cruise for us on the Millie, ship needs some tender loving care, saw things that have not been taken care of, our friends cabin seemed like it had been trashed and although they complained about some things, they were not fixed..we had cc class, got a good price for it, really think it is not worth the extra money, flowers when we boarded were dead, champagne really not good, balcony was not the larger one although the cabin was,,,only thing good we found in cc was our attendant Elisa, she was great...food okay, coffee was horrible, like syrup,,and by the way agree about the canapes, don't even bother. Had issues and spoke to chief conceirge aboard, I agree with Danno when he says they treat first timers alot better than we who are loyal cruisers...Thinking of spending our money elsewhere on our next cruise...If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.:(Forgot to add, cc class is supposed to get "top priority" luggage delivery service, we got our luggage at 6:00 PM even tho we boarded the ship at 12:00 noon..:mad:

Wow, we're leaving on our first Millie cruise 1/16, Eastern Caribbean. Booked CC class Sky Deck, 9040. We're seasoned travelers, but this is only our second cruise, and heard Celebrity was higher end than Royal Car/Carnival, but comments across the message board seem mostly negative. We're read about rude and low class groups, mediocre food, and several repeats of your comments. When you complained to the staff, what was the response? Since we're bought and paid for, any suggestions to enhance the trip. Anything stand out on the islands? Do you recommend tux for formal nights? How about for the other nights? Did you try the "specialty" restaurant? We're youthful, active mid 50's from NJ.

(Forgot to add, cc class is supposed to get "top priority" luggage delivery service, we got our luggage at 6:00 PM even tho we boarded the ship at 12:00 noon..:mad:

Hi Goouchjac !

Sorry to hear you did not have a great time on your sailing. I have tried CC Class many times, and I have to agree, that it does need some improvement. However, I feel that if you do not pay too much more for it, it's worth the extra $$$.

Funny that you mention your luggage. I totally agree with your comments. I have always wondered how that system works.

You are right about supposedly being offered Priority delivery. From my past experiences, my luggage has NEVER come ahead of the others, and on my Summit sailing a few weeks ago in CC Class, it actually came after just about everyone had their luggage. So much for "Priority".

Celebrity either has to stop advertising "Priority Luggage Delivery" or do something about this, as the people who handle the baggage do not seem to know the meaning of Priority. Not that it is that big of a deal, but clearly, the "Priority Delivery" system needs a great deal of work.

Regards,

Andy

Wow, we're leaving on our first Millie cruise 1/16, Eastern Caribbean. Booked CC class Sky Deck, 9040. We're seasoned travelers, but this is only our second cruise, and heard Celebrity was higher end than Royal Car/Carnival, but comments across the message board seem mostly negative. We're read about rude and low class groups, mediocre food, and several repeats of your comments. When you complained to the staff, what was the response? Since we're bought and paid for, any suggestions to enhance the trip. Anything stand out on the islands? Do you recommend tux for formal nights? How about for the other nights? Did you try the "specialty" restaurant? We're youthful, active mid 50's from NJ.

Don't panic. I'm sure it will be a great cruise. After all, we will be on the ship with you. We are from Chery Hill, NJ. Are you arriving in FLL early. We are arriving on Jan 14th, staying at Marriott Marina.

Wow, we're leaving on our first Millie cruise 1/16, Eastern Caribbean. Booked CC class Sky Deck, 9040. We're seasoned travelers, but this is only our second cruise, and heard Celebrity was higher end than Royal Car/Carnival, but comments across the message board seem mostly negative. We're read about rude and low class groups, mediocre food, and several repeats of your comments. When you complained to the staff, what was the response? Since we're bought and paid for, any suggestions to enhance the trip. Anything stand out on the islands? Do you recommend tux for formal nights? How about for the other nights? Did you try the "specialty" restaurant? We're youthful, active mid 50's from NJ.[/quote Believe me we are not picky people, sailed with X nine times and this time was just not the same...Our complaints to the "chief concierge" fell on deaf ears as far as we are concerned. Since this is your first cruise with X you may not notice the same things we did, as for the Tux's,I would say that 20%of the men wore one,,dark suits are fine. Can't help you too much on the islands, have done the eastern too many times to care about the excursions..Specialty restaurant is very good, be sure to go.Nightlife aboard is fine, I am sure you will find it fun..Have a good cruise...:)

Hi Goouchjac !

Sorry to hear you did not have a great time on your sailing. I have tried CC Class many times, and I have to agree, that it does need some improvement. However, I feel that if you do not pay too much more for it, it's worth the extra $$$.

Funny that you mention your luggage. I totally agree with your comments. I have always wondered how that system works.

You are right about supposedly being offered Priority delivery. From my past experiences, my luggage has NEVER come ahead of the others, and on my Summit sailing a few weeks ago in CC Class, it actually came after just about everyone had their luggage. So much for "Priority".

Celebrity either has to stop advertising "Priority Luggage Delivery" or do something about this, as the people who handle the baggage do not seem to know the meaning of Priority. Not that it is that big of a deal, but clearly, the "Priority Delivery" system needs a great deal of work.

Regards,

Andy

I agree Andy, they should not advertise "priority luggage", a bunch of hooey..really was disappointed in X this time, may take awhile for us to get over it.....Ann (goouch)

We are just back from Connie 12/11, which sailed out of San Juan. We had outstanding service with CC. We boarded at 1PM and our luggage was at our cabin at 2:15 PM. The flowers were fresh, the canapes always good, and our cabin steward was outstanding. The ship was spotless. Sorry you did not get the same good experience.

Often wondered how they do the luggage thing. Last year in Barcelona we were one of the first to board at about 11am, but our luggage arrived at 5pm, and one piece didn'tcome at all. When i went looking, I found it about 12 doors away.

We are just back from Connie 12/11, which sailed out of San Juan. We had outstanding service with CC. We boarded at 1PM and our luggage was at our cabin at 2:15 PM. The flowers were fresh, the canapes always good, and our cabin steward was outstanding. The ship was spotless. Sorry you did not get the same good experience.
As usual it depends on the ship and the staff,,,what was really funny is DH and friend golf clubs came up long before the luggage!!:eek: I really think we were too happy last year on the Summit....:)