All inclusive resort suggestions/Playa area

mdbake

We stayed at Royal Haciendas 2 years ago and absolutely loved it! It wasn't an AI then since they hadn't finished construction on all the restaurants, but I heard it would be when it was done, which it should be done by now.

We just went into Playa for dinner every night which we loved. The resort was beautiful, and service was terrific!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's just a bit north of Playa, but El Dorado Royale is fabulous!! We went there on our honeymoon 5 years ago and loved it so much we went back for our 1st anniversary. They have amazing a la carte restaurants and each small group of Casitas has it's own swim up bar pool, so you really feel like you are in a smaller, intimate resort if you are booked in a Casita (highly recommended!!) although you can certainly join in the fun at the main pool. If you are a beach person, the beach here isn't fabulous, a little rocky, but I was more than content to sit at the pool and just look out at the beach and ocean. Heaven on Earth!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I would recommend Secrets Capri, about 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen. All-adult, all-inclusive, high-end, good service, great food. Relaxing, not high energy, atmosphere. Great place for a relaxing vacation. Not one of the mega complex, hyper action-filled, wrist band resorts. Classy and elegant. We will have our 5th stay in December.

• 1 month later...

I will suggest the Royal Playa Del Carmen. It is right in town, at the North end of 5th Ave, so the location can't be beat. It has a beautiful beach and is a luxury resort with not-quite-luxury prices. Fantastic spot. I wish I was there right now.

• 1 month later...
I would recommend Secrets Capri, about 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen. All-adult, all-inclusive, high-end, good service, great food. Relaxing, not high energy, atmosphere. Great place for a relaxing vacation. Not one of the mega complex, hyper action-filled, wrist band resorts. Classy and elegant. We will have our 5th stay in December.

I would also highly recommend Secrets Capri. We were there October, 2007 and it rained every day, so I would definately stay away from September/October. We are going to Secrets Maroma in April and have heard it is nicer than Secrets Capri. They are on facebook and lots of very positive comments posted.

We stayed at the Grand Palladium and had to eat at the buffet every night, except for 3 nights when we could go to their a la carte restaurants. The resort is very big (3 resorts all connected) and beautiful, but we didn't care for the food. I realize food is very subjective, but for us, we prefer restaurants over buffets (the food selection in the buffet was just OK...again, just our opinion).

• 5 months later...

We go to a all inclusive every Sept to break up the cruises we do and the best we have found is Excellence Resorts they have one called Rivera Cancun . First adults only no buffets except breakfast. THE only one that has a lobster restaurant at no extra charge. Have been to almost every one that is adult only. If you are looking for smaller place look at Eldorado Sea Side Suites. We do not like the ones that you have to be banded and you only get to eat in the restaurants 3 times in a week

Vote #2 for Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal! We went 2 years ago - heading back there 3 weeks from today! The location is fabulous, IN the jungle. Everything was top notch -

Do you have to make in advance reservations or do you just show up?

I don't think the folks on this thread are discussing day passes, just good AI's for land based vacations.

I thought we where on a cruise website, where you just cruise and stay a Day at a Port. :) But I found an AI for the Day at the Sandos Playacar. It's a bit pricey but the Place looks great.

I thought we where on a cruise website, where you just cruise and stay a Day at a Port. :) But I found an AI for the Day at the Sandos Playacar. It's a bit pricey but the Place looks great.

We are, but I've found some great places to stay for a land vacation by first visiting as a cruise stop. PDC for example (Calica stop)

• 7 months later...

I would have to say I agree with the poster that said Palace resorts! Luxury AI, excellent service, exchange priv with other palace resorts, the one in Playa has a fabulous beach and is steps from 5th Avenue! Highly recommend. I have mainly traveled via cruising and fell in love with Palace resorts so I became a member! Feel free to email me with questions. itschrissy@frontiernet.net

I think the first thing you have to find out is which AI resorts actually have a day-pass that you can purchase. Many do not! First thing to do is find out which do, then choose from those. There are a ton of beautiful AI resorts in the Riviera Maya, but most of them keep their facilities to their guests and do not provide day passes. Day passes can also be very, very expensive (like $190 pp) or limited as to whether or not they will sell them on a particular day, depending on how many guests they have booked.

We stay at the Iberostar Tucan yearly in the gated community of Playacar. Gorgeous jungle setting with the resort situated on the best section of beach in the RM. A few minutes south of PDC and the ferry to Cozumel, and a few minutes north of the ecoparks. Ideal location, great food, large pool, excellent staff, and fun entertainment.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...