Post your links to your travel albums

We just got back from our Mediterranean cruise and now its time to put together my photo book - I usually prefer to use MyPublisher after creating my pages in PowerPoint. I'd really like to see some books others have made for some layout ideas. Links to some of my books are in my signature.

We just got back from our Mediterranean cruise and now its time to put together my photo book - I usually prefer to use MyPublisher after creating my pages in PowerPoint. I'd really like to see some books others have made for some layout ideas. Links to some of my books are in my signature.

Here's a link to a book I did on Blurb. They only allow a few pages of preview, so I'm sending you to a full book slideshow that I put up on one of my photo shares.

http://pierce324.zenfolio.com/p392446153/slideshow#h29791a80

Enjoy!

Dave

Here's a link to a book I did on Blurb. They only allow a few pages of preview, so I'm sending you to a full book slideshow that I put up on one of my photo shares.

Enjoy!

Dave

I have never seen anything done like that before , only wish mine could look that nice , it looked like a book!

Thank you both, it is so helpful!! Dave...I need to know...how do you do the panoramic pics that spread across 2 pages? That is one thing I haven't figured out how to do.:o

When using Blurb's Booksmart software, it gives you the optimum resolution for each picture (1528 x 1225, etc.). I just took the optimum resolution for a full page, made a new blank image twice that wide, formatted my photo to fit and then cut it in half, putting half of the image on each full page.

Dave

I have never seen anything done like that before , only wish mine could look that nice , it looked like a book!

Well...when I got done, it was a book! :D

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

For me it's much better than a shoe box or an album full of 4x6 prints!

Dave

Enjoy!

Dave

Dave, I can view your book a thousand times and never get bored and love it each and every time. It is simply beautiful. Wonderful job and thanks for sharing. You are such a master at this. I will view it again.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

It was a lot of work, but at the same time, fun.

The finished product was better-looking than expected. Kudos to Blurb. They produce nice products.

Dave

Love your photo book so far. You have so many great photos and the ports of call are beautiful. thanks for sharing lhall85917. Whe it is complete please share again. I'd would love to see more photo books, keep them coming.

Love your photo book so far. You have so many great photos and the ports of call are beautiful. thanks for sharing lhall85917. Whe it is complete please share again. I'd would love to see more photo books, keep them coming.

Thanks, I enjoy doing the books. Here is the latest update, I've done through Rome and now have 3 ports to go - photo book

Here it is, I think this is the final version unless my family or friends find any mistakes! photo book

I love the final version...well done. Thanks for sharing with us and now you will find that these photo books are very addictive. Can't wait to make my next book.

This is a fun post. I hope one day that I will be able to come up with a beautiful photo album like everyone has done in here so far.

I consider myself a newbie in the photography phase of my life. I wish I was as good as some of you guys. The problem I have is that I really don't know what I should take pictures of. Also I am busy during the week attending to patients at the office I work at. However if anyone can help me with ideas I would love them. I have taken many cruises in my life time and I plan on doing more as I advance in my career, get married and have children.

This questions is to Dave, However the rest of you can chime in if you want. That book you made is great. Its just like a book you would find in a book store for you coffee table. How many years did that take you to finally get to a stage where you had all of those pictures for the book, also I bet it took thousands of shots to get the ones that you can call your best and place them in the book.

Dave also thank you for the classes that you have posted on your website, I read them when I have a chance or need some information.

Everyone please keep on posting in this forum. I love the pictures and also love the help when I need it myself.

To update everyone, thanks to everyone in the forum. I purchased a Nikon 90D. This will make me have two DSLR in my bag. I also have an Evolt 510. I think with these two camera I cover the 4/3rd format and the regular format. Thanks again.

GPoll189, You are correct this is a fun thread and I too love viewing everyone's photo books. I have enjoyed taking photos since I was a teenager but have only gone digital 2 years ago. So I am new to the digital world of photography and I am far from calling myself a professional. I take photos of things that appeal to me. For example on a cruise you can take photos of the ship's decor, the center lobby, the towel animals. Whatever catches you eye just shoot and delete later. Take photos of the crew or just a simple photo of a porthole. It is what you like there are no rules. have fun snapping away and I too hope you can share a photo book too very soon.:D:D

I am to help photograph the wedding of a friend.

Has anyone made a photo book of a wedding?

I'm thinking of making a book for a wedding gift.

All of you have beautiful books, I need all of the ideas I can get!

This is a fun post. I hope one day that I will be able to come up with a beautiful photo album like everyone has done in here so far.

Start one now. With programs like Blurb and My Publisher, you can edit and re-edit for as long as you want before you publish. Pick a subject like coffee cups, flowers or whatever and make a 20 page trial book. Cheap fun!

I consider myself a newbie in the photography phase of my life. I wish I was as good as some of you guys.(1) The problem I have is that I really don't know what I should take pictures of.(2) Also I am busy during the week attending to patients at the office I work at.(3) However if anyone can help me with ideas I would love them.(4) I have taken many cruises in my life time and I plan on doing more as I advance in my career, get married and have children.(5)

1. Don't wish! Shoot pictures and practice! Have fun doing it!

2. Everything! Local fairs, parades, car club shows, botanical gardens, cats while on a walk...

A couple of months ago, we took a day and drove to see a local Cow Parade outdoow art show:

p447615805-2.jpg

3. Lunch hour?

4. See 1-3 :D

5. Cruises are good for pictures, but don't limit your photography to vacations.

This questions is to Dave, However the rest of you can chime in if you want. That book you made is great. Its just like a book you would find in a book store for you coffee table. How many years did that take you to finally get to a stage where you had all of those pictures for the book, also I bet it took thousands of shots to get the ones that you can call your best and place them in the book.

The photos are a compilation of cruise photos taken since 2002. It took longer to choose than to do the book. I went through about 22,000 cruise photos and chose about 1,100 as a pool to select from then I picked shots that fit the page and the theme for the chapter.

Dave also thank you for the classes that you have posted on your website, I read them when I have a chance or need some information.

My pleasure! I'm glad you're getting something out of them.

Just grab your camera and have fun!

Dave

If you go over to SHUTTERFLY.com and explore the gallery/community section there are hundreds of wedding books posted there. You can get some ideas from there. They range from the simple to the fancy. Check it out.

I made a wedding book through MyPublisher for my daughter's wedding, we were very happy - wedding book

We ordered our book Tuesday night and it should be here tomorrow (Friday), I'm pretty happy with their service!:D

Archived