Post your links to your travel albums

Just had to take another look at this book. Makes me want to go on a Rick Steves tour. Has anyone every been on one of his tours?

I have, to Croatia/Slovenia/Bosnia - I loved the itinerary and the guides. They're very well informed and enthusiastic about their region. The group size is smaller than most big tours. In my group, the split was about 1/3 under 50 and 2/3 60+, all American except me. It was active, but not nearly as strenuous as they can make it sound on the website. There was a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary and they were able to do everything. My only downside was that I found it kind of dull in the evenings. Beyond some included dinners, nothing was organized and people just went off on their own. I was travelling alone so I would have liked to have some options. So for me, I'd only do one again if I had a travel partner. I definitely preferred the schedule/itinerary to other tours I've done. There was far less of the "cattle" feeling. :D

Hi Scrappytraveller!!

Being from Montreal as well, I'm curious to know how you booked your Rick Steve's tour... did you go through a local agency or direct with his company?

I appreciated hearing your comments as I was considering joining one of his tour as a solo traveler too... I'll have to ponder a bit more!

MC

Hi Scrappytraveller!!

Being from Montreal as well, I'm curious to know how you booked your Rick Steve's tour... did you go through a local agency or direct with his company?

I appreciated hearing your comments as I was considering joining one of his tour as a solo traveler too... I'll have to ponder a bit more!

MC

Hi! I booked it directly through the Rick Steves website, which may or may not have required me to call them, I can't remember. It was very easy though. They sent me all the documents by mail. It's very professionally run and it's a huge operation now so no worries.

If you'd like to know more, you can email me at jsavoy68@gmail.com . I would recommend them, but just with open eyes about a few things. They do offer a share program if you're looking to avoid the single supplement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Thanks to Dave and his instruction on how to pick up screenshots in Picasa. Here's my photo book I made using SmileBooks (which doesn't have a share option). But their books are incredible.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky46/

Click on the "slideshow" tab for full screen views.

Nice album of Alaska. Makes me hold my head in shame as I haven't done mine yet.

Denise

Nice album of Alaska. Makes me hold my head in shame as I haven't done mine yet.

Denise

Thanks. I had a lot of fun making it. And I can definitely recommend SmileBooks. The book is outstanding - they made my pics look great. It's a British company and the books are actually printed in Germany. The software is free and is very easy to use.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks. I had a lot of fun making it. And I can definitely recommend SmileBooks. The book is outstanding - they made my pics look great. It's a British company and the books are actually printed in Germany. The software is free and is very easy to use.

These books are addictive and so much fun to make. Thanks for sharing.:D

Here is a link to my recent album from my Sept 26, 2009 cruise on the Independence. Comments welcomed.

Here is a link to your photo book in the Shutterfly Gallery: http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFg3bOW7Vy1Ygs4TTbK

Very nicely done. I like that it is simply and you cover the ship and the ports of call. Plus all the journaling although it was too small to read. :)

My signature has a link to the photos and video from my recent cruise on board the Coral Princess. I've just started working on the photo books. Since I have so many photos, I'm going to do 2 books (vol 1 and 2).

Please feel free to look through the albums.

My signature has a link to the photos and video from my recent cruise on board the Coral Princess. I've just started working on the photo books. Since I have so many photos, I'm going to do 2 books (vol 1 and 2).

Please feel free to look through the albums.

Thanks for sharing i will return to look some more. So far I love the photos and can't wait to see the books Vol 1 &2.

And Jean, Thanks for the kind comment. Glad you liked it.:D

Just finished and ordered my photobook from Shutterfly. I have not received it yet but it is the second one I made and I was really happy with the quality. Here is the link if you would like to look at it. They are very easy to make.

http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFg4YuGDdk2cj5aZUMA

Just finished and ordered my photobook from Shutterfly. I have not received it yet but it is the second one I made and I was really happy with the quality. Here is the link if you would like to look at it. They are very easy to make.

http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFg4YuGDdk2cj5aZUMA

Very nicely done and what a wonderful keepsake. You will love the book once you recieve it. Take it from me I have ordered several Shutterfly books and the end result is great. You will get years of enjoyment when you open the book and recall your wonderful cruise. Enjoy and thanks for sharing your link. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Here's a link to a book I did on Blurb. They only allow a few pages of preview, so I'm sending you to a full book slideshow that I put up on one of my photo shares.

http://pierce324.zenfolio.com/p392446153/slideshow#h29791a80

Enjoy!

Dave

Hi Dave - hope you are well. I just had to tell you how much I love the shot of the plate of fruit with the ship's wake in the background. Brilliant!

Regards,

Marion

Hi Dave - hope you are well. I just had to tell you how much I love the shot of the plate of fruit with the ship's wake in the background. Brilliant!

Regards,

Marion

WOW!! I think Dave's book is amazing from cover to cover. Dave so many thanks for posting your book. It is the best I have seen. Great pictures and the layout is perfect. The details just pop out at you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived