Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg1

Internet access from Dawn cabins?

Does anyone know if you can get internet access (wired or wireless) in your stateroom on your own laptop? If so, is it dial-up or an ethernet connection and does NCL provide the ethernet cable?

I know there is a charge for minutes purchased but do you also have to rent a modem or anything else from NCL and also will your existing wireless card work in your stateroom and some areas of the ship other than your stateroom?

You cannot access the internet from your stateroom on the Dawn. The wireless area is basically anywhere in the middle of the ship for the best reception and I believe the library and other areas were also wireless. Your wireless card probably will work. Keep in mind the only place to plug in your laptop and access the internet (unless its European, lol) is one desk in the internet cafe, so you may have to do most of your battery charging from your stateroom. Bring an extension cord.

The suites all have wired access. I used it extensively on my last cruise.. Excellent choice.

That's the first time i have heard that the suites are wired for internet access. Is that in the mini suites? I assumed it was only a wireless lan.

I think it's only the penthouse (AD) and higher. I know the AA Owner's suite was wired and had a laptop in the suite.