Stormy weather

OrpingtonT

I am told that Pride has run into stormy weather yesterday out of Copenhagen to the Norwegian Fjords. She has had to miss out on the Flaam day today and has gone on to Bergen. Presumably they will make up on the itinerary later.

Thanks for the report ~~after checking on cruisecal this a.m. I went to Kroooz-cams and the Pride was not docked in Flam. I wondered where "she" was ~~~

Hoping for better weather and seas.

Martita B.

Here she is in Bergen, 1415hrs 1 Aug 09.

1413644183_PrideinBergen.jpg.4b503ccac4dffb560341a0ee1beae85e.jpg

Since there seams to be interest, here is a great opportunity to follow the weather along "Prides" route.

www.yr.no/place/norden/

T&T:)

Thank you. The trouble is that Pride has now deviated from it's itinerary and though I know it is in Flaam tomorrow, after that I don't know where. I have relatives on board, hence my interest. (You very kindly supplied them with a referral coupon, T&T. :))

Thank you. The trouble is that Pride has now deviated from it's itinerary and though I know it is in Flaam tomorrow, after that I don't know where. I have relatives on board, hence my interest. (You very kindly supplied them with a referral coupon, T&T. :))

OrpingtonT

I think most logic is, they will be in Ålesund after the Flam visit ---search the www.webcamsinnorway.com and scroll to Ålesund,harbour south,Prestbrygga or Storneskaia

We must know the whereabouts of our friends:rolleyes::D

T&T

OrpingtonT

I think most logic is, they will be in Ålesund after the Flam visit ---search the www.webcamsinnorway.com and scroll to Ålesund,harbour south,Prestbrygga or Storneskaia

We must know the whereabouts of our friends:rolleyes::D

T&T

Aren't they lucky? I was in Alesund a month or so ago on Regent SS Voyager and thought it a lovely place on a lovely day.

Aren't they lucky? I was in Alesund a month or so ago on Regent SS Voyager and thought it a lovely place on a lovely day.

OrpingtonT

I to like Ålesund and the many Jugend style buildings.

se more on www.jugendstilcenteret.no

And not to forget the view from the top of the "Fjellstua" on the mountain is beatiful. www.fjellstua.no

Do You know ? In the city,not fare from Prides docking area- they have a small museum wort a visit and a little outside the town a fantastic aquarium. www.atlanterhavsparken.no/english.php

T&T

Received mail this morning from the Pride ~~Yes, she's calling on Flam today. They certainly have had rough weather with 15-18 ft. waves and gale winds.

Hopefully the weather will improve ~~

MB

Martita B

Maybe Pride will go to Olden before Ålesund ? since there is more shelter in the long fjord- if the weather is to rough in the Norwegian Sea.:eek:

I have heard from family in Ålesund -Its nice weather and not bad at the moment.

T&T

T&T

Word from the Pride is their itinerary will change......missing Stravanger port.

I think it must be a chilly 57 degrees today in Flam.

MB

Yes, I heard they are missing Stavanger. 57 is alright with a jacket providing it isn't raining (which it isn't!)

The Pride is calling on Olden today. I've searched for a harbor web cam but haven't as yet found one.

Prideites will have their Club Party tonight but so few Club members it will be held in the Constellation Lounge.......like the

"olden" days! (pun, huh? ;))

MB

The Pride is calling on Olden today. I've searched for a harbor web cam but haven't as yet found one.

Prideites will have their Club Party tonight but so few Club members it will be held in the Constellation Lounge.......like the

"olden" days! (pun, huh? ;))

MB

Ha, Ha to the pun. :)

I couldn't find a webcam in Olden either, but Alesund tomorrow should be OK.

Thanks for posting the web site......but where is the gang way???:confused:

Usually it's midship, starboard, Deck 4 ~~

I'm anxious for my friends to write and tell me about their Pride Club Party (last evening)

Martita B,

I am assuming the gangway is behind the building. I wonder where she will be tomorrow. Should be in Stavanger but I was told they are missing out Stavanger and they have already been to Bergen. Perhaps your friends will say when they give you the gossip on the party!

Where Captain Geir-Arne stops tomorrow is a good question! I wouldn't think they would call on Bergen again......Stravanger has been scratched ~~! Surely they wouldn't stay in Oslo for 2 days.

Perhaps Kristiansand ?

Well we know where ever they stop, everyone is having lots of fun with fabulous, food, wines and service!

MB

Archived