"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

I hadn't either. But all is good. We're not "sit on the beach" people. We did what we wanted and headed back. I think it was just different than I expected. I really thought it would be more like Cococay.

I've been to cococay before....could you please tell me what the difference is besides the armed guards...:)

Just MY opinion. First, with the construction of the visitor center and the new pier, it seems very much like home. Like a work zone. Second, it's much bigger so it was harder just to 'wander'. (Have you done the nature trail on Cococay?). There were people on tractors that would take you from one end to another. Of course everyone expects a tip. You have to watch where you're walking because vehicles come up behind you and blow their horns. The vendors seem to be everywhere. Not in the little straw market area like in Cococay, but spread around the whole area. Finally, there is a bar in cococay that's kind of central that's really good for people watching. I found the bars more secluded in Labadee and not one big central one. Oh yeah, and most of the beach areas seemed more rocky. I like sitting on the edge of the water.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I would appreciate any photos, Compasses or menus so I can add them to my FOS page.

Thanks

You can find many Freedom of the Seas pics, and daily Compasses on my Photo Site HERE. . .

Radio

;);)

• 8 months later...
I believe I heard the same one, and we switched to the Marriott Residence Inn :rolleyes:

Re: this "rumor" you both heard ..... why be so secretive about it? Care to share it?

• 2 years later...

Wow, what a great review, so glad I stumbled upon it. Hubby and I will be on the FOS April/14, our 2nd cruise. Ist cruise was on the Carnival Dream, we had a cove balcony and loved it. We are super stoked for this cruise as we will experience a corner aft cabin (7708). We are doing the Eastern cruise this time and can't wait to check out some new places. Thanks for all the great pictures.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Hey Radio, I was wondering if you were given a map of Freedom when you boarded? I've been looking everywhere for it and while I have no problem finding individual deck plans, I can't seem to get a compiled ship map anywhere. Something like this is what I had in mind. Thanks!

dp.jpg

I know this is an old post, but I came across it right before sailing on FOS on 1/4-1/6. I just wanted to share that DH and I came across copies of this type of map in the Concierge Lounge! So they are available!