Hotel Jazz - amenities?

dalgirl

thanks - and I am sorry to say that I HAVE stayed in a hotel without shampoo, and yes, very sad, even soap. After that I always carry a small bar just in case. But knowing that I will be shopping, I will barely be carrying my clothes - no extra incedentals allowed:D

thanks - and I am sorry to say that I HAVE stayed in a hotel without shampoo, and yes, very sad, even soap. After that I always carry a small bar just in case. But knowing that I will be shopping, I will barely be carrying my clothes - no extra incedentals allowed:D

I always carry my own shampoo and we also carry a FULL size bar of soap in case the hotels have the itty bitty ones that we find ridiculous for showers.

We're also staying at Hotel Jazz later this year. Did you have breakfast there or elsewhere?

We haven't been yet...4 weeks to go... Our rate included breakfast. However others have said it is expensive buying it and there are many places to have breakfast near the hotel for a lot less and better.

We're also staying at Hotel Jazz later this year. Did you have breakfast there or elsewhere?

The Jazz is just about a block off of La Ramblas very near Placa Catalunya. We strolled down the Ramblas in the morning and had breakfast at an outdoor cafe. If you'd like, there is a Starbucks (with their normal breakfast foods) just at the corner from the Jazz. But, that seemed too much like at home for us!!!

The Jazz is just about a block off of La Ramblas very near Placa Catalunya. We strolled down the Ramblas in the morning and had breakfast at an outdoor cafe. If you'd like, there is a Starbucks (with their normal breakfast foods) just at the corner from the Jazz. But, that seemed too much like at home for us!!!

But you can get a cup of coffee that is not miniscule. :D

But you can get a cup of coffee that is not miniscule. :D

We made the same mistake of the "small cups" on our first trip to Europe (even though many like the small stronger European cup). But, we quickly learned that if you ask for "Cafe American" you'll get something more like what you're accustomed to in a much larger cup. That was the case on Las Ramblas too!

The Jazz is just about a block off of La Ramblas very near Placa Catalunya. We strolled down the Ramblas in the morning and had breakfast at an outdoor cafe.
Thanks BigGuy! We also booked Jazz sans breakfast as we didn't think it was worth the extra Euros. We plan to grab something quick at La Boqueria & leave Starbucks for another day & place! ;);)

• 3 weeks later...

We will be there 9 days from today - Hotel Jazz here we come - definitely stopping at Starbuck after flying all night! Starbucks will be just what we need to make it through the day.

We will be there 9 days from today - Hotel Jazz here we come - definitely stopping at Starbuck after flying all night! Starbucks will be just what we need to make it through the day.

Believe or not there is also a Dunkin Donuts on Las Ramblas also. LOL In Barcelona they drink espresso, so getting a regular sized cup of coffee is not easy.

Believe or not there is also a Dunkin Donuts on Las Ramblas also. LOL In Barcelona they drink espresso, so getting a regular sized cup of coffee is not easy.

Actually, it really is easy to get a regular size cup of coffee (Cafe Americana) almost anywhere. But, you need to ASK for it. Otherwise you'll get espresso.

Is this hotel that close? Another hotel booking site shows that it is 1/2 mile away.

try to get a room on a high floor, we are on 2 and can hear the subway below.´

The breakfast here is surprisingly good if you are in a hurry and want to load up .

There are Starbucks nearby. The soap is miniscule, bring some from home. there is shampoo but no conditioner. the hair dryer is adequate. We enjoyed the rooftop pool and took the 59 bus several times to go to the Barceloneta area. We walked a great deal.

Try the hoho bus early in the day. there is stop nearby if you have tix and can avoid the crowds at the Square. The crowds here are unbelievable. PArk Guell was packed mid day.

Archived