Anyone Alternate Day Diet (JUDDDD or Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet)?

mistydisa

I just had to tell you ladies. I usually don't weigh in between "official" weigh-ins on Fridays, but I weighed this morning and was at 158.4... down almost 3 lbs since Friday! I tried on my goal jeans.... I wouldn't say they really FIT, but I could get them up and zipped! About 5 more pounds and they'll be good! Yay!

I was worried about yesterday. We had a family birthday party with lunch, cake and ice cream. I stuck with my plan, though. I took my own no-carb lunch so that I wouldn't be tempted by sloppy joes and potato chips. I brought sugar-free jello to keep me away from the cake and ice cream. I only had one TINY bite of cake. So all in all, I did good.

After the b-day party, my daughter wanted to go shopping. I had a couple of things I wanted to try on and while I was in the fitting room, there was a dress that someone else had left in there. I tried it on and it was awesome! Whether it does or not, it makes me feel like I look skinny. And it's all about how we feel, right??? :D

Virga~ Good job not gaining anything over the holidays. Holding steady after the cruise gain is still a victory. I hope you get feeling better soon! For me, it's really hard eating right when I don't feel good. I think it's just conditioned into us that food will make us feel better.

HI Everyone!

Tammy- That was several years ago. I am fine :)

Misty- You poor kids. Hope Lexi is better soon.

I am happy to say I have lost 10 # since the day after x-mas. That feels good.

We have booked a cruise for next February to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversay. I am so excited!

Have a good one

Nora

Way to go, Tammy! You've definitely found what works for your body! And good job on the resisting temptation! That's very impressive!

Good job to you, too, Nora! Ten lbs. is very, very good! Remind me what it is you're doing?

Lexi's finally well, as are Jason and me. Woo-hoo! I'm so thankful, and I hope it stays that way!

I'm back in the saddle as of yesterday. I had a good VLCD. I'm hcg'ing, but I'm not doing strict Protocol this time. I'm tweaking it just a bit, but I can already tell I'm going to struggle with this round because the food options are just so not appealing. However, today, one of my besties is booking our cruise for September! There will be 5 of us girls who have been friends for years and years (me and 1 of them, since kindergarten. Another since 6th grade, and the last two since freshman year of high school. The two from high school have been friends with each other since kindergarten. :) Did I mention not a single one of them is overweight? Ugh, that's definitely motivating! I gotta lose weight before September. I'm shooting for 60 lbs. That's doable, right? I have 33 weeks or so. I'm gonna do this!

Have a great day!

HI Gals!

Misty- I am so glad that storm cloud has blown over for you!! I am not really doing anything specifically. Just cutting back and avoiding sugar. It is hard but I am hanging in there. I think you can do it for the cruise. 50 would be a big deal too :)

Hope everyone else has a good day.

Nora

Nora~ GREAT job on the 10 lbs! That's awesome right after the holidays! Cutting out sugar makes a huge difference!

Misty~ I'm SO glad you're all back to normal! Having a sick house is stressful. How AWESOME to have that cruise to look forward to, and with such good long-term friends! Tell us about the cruise...

Tammy, it's pretty much the same cruise DH, DD, MIL, FIL, and nephew did at the end of 2009. It's on Carnival's Fascination out of Jacksonville, FL going to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. It's a 5 day in September, 2011. I'm so excited, I can hardly contain myself! I love, love, love vacationing with my family, but this is going to be really nice, to get to do what I want, when I want! I can read, take a nap, drink some alcohol, stay up late, go to shows without worrying that Lexi will get fussy....don't have to plan around naptimes, etc. NICE! :)

That's awesome, Misty! I promise you will LOVE being on a cruise and being able to do absolutely anything you want any time. And you'll be familiar with the ship and the ports, too!

I'm super happy with my weigh-in. This puts me exactly 6 lbs to my cruise goal. The cruise leaves 2 weeks from today, but vacation starts a couple of days before that and you know how that goes.... So I've got to be EXTRA good these next 10 days. I'm even being a good girl and not having my weigh-in treat of Chinese lunch. I had a chicken breast with just a little bit of bbq sauce. It'll be worth it!!!

1/7 – 164.2

1/14 – 162.2

1/21 – 161.2

1/28 – 156.0

Hey girls! I hope everyone's okay and didn't get too buried in the snowstorms this week.

I'm super excited... only 1.4 lbs to go for my pre-cruise goal! And most importantly, my "goal" dress fits perfectly! Now to get a little leeway would be great. :)

1/7 - 164.2

1/14 – 162.2

1/21 – 161.2

1/28 – 156.0

2/4 - 151.4

I have some mostly non-diet related news. I had a blind date last week and the guy (Mark) seems super great. :D We got together again the next day and will see each other again tomorrow. I haven't dated for 4 years, so I'm being very cautious, but it's still kind of exciting. And the good diet-related part of this... he grew up extremely overweight, lost over 100 pounds several years ago, so he's really got to watch what he eats, too.... which means he totally understands and supports my strange dietary stuff. :)

Hope everyone is well. I leave for my vacation next Wednesday and the cruise leaves next Friday. Can't wait!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh no... am I losing my JUDDD girls??? I hope not!

Just a quick update... had a GREAT cruise (aren't they all?). I got bronchitis at the tail end, so I'm just getting back to work now. I haven't weighed, but I think I gained about 8 lbs on the cruise. Not too bad for as strict as I was before I left.

The guy I met is already blowing it, so he's about to get the boot. Nothing terrible, he's a sweet guy, he just has no clue how to make an effort and I just don't have the energy to make 100% of the effort for both of us. And I won't settle for less than what I deserve.

Hope everyone's well and still around... :)

HI Tammy!

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the new guy. But you deserve the best.

I have been in a funk. 4 weeks ago we had to put my younger dog to sleep. She was only 3. She had jumped off the couch and injured her back. Over a few days she became paralyzed and in severe pain. There was no controlling the pain. We tried large doses of steroids and pain killers and she remain paralyzed. So the humane thing was to let her go.

On the diet front I am down 15# since Christmas. I am not eating any flour or sugar and it is going great!

Hope to hear from all the Judd girls!

Nora

Hello ladies. I just came across your posts and read a few pages in and a few of your last pages. This sounds like a really interesting diet and you all seem very supportive. Looks like you've been at this for awhile. I believe your 1st post was 2009. Does the UD DD really work? Are you able to maintain? Are you taking the medicine on the JUDDD sight?

I'm still here! I'm not back on the wagon yet, but I'm here. I've had 2 failed attempts at starting another round of hcg. Just can't get my head in the game for some reason, even though I have a great motivation (girls' cruise in September).

I have started couponing a couple of weeks ago, and it's really been time-consuming. I assume it's just the getting started part and it won't always be this time-consuming....I hope. It's very addictive, though, once you start seeing all the stuff you can get for free or nearly free! It's occupied the majority of my thoughts lately, lol.

So, Tammy, did the guy get the boot? Tell us details about the cruise!!! Are you feeling better?

Nora, you are doing so good with your plan! I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. They really become a part of the family, don't they? My Kaila (7 year old golden retriever/lab mix) is currently on a very strict diet to lose a few pounds before she has knee surgery. They want to do both knees, one at a time. We'll see how the first knee goes. The cost is ungodly, and I'm really concerned about the recovery time. You're in my thoughts, Nora...

Welcome, jnl134! The truth is, we haven't actually done JUDDDD in a long time. We all tried it....some liked it.....some found better plans, but we all stuck in here posting because we found we have good chemistry and, like you said, we're very supportive of each other. I personally liked the JUDDDD plan. I'm happy to answer your questions. The plan does work, as long as you keep your DDs under 500 calories. You can go hog wild on UDs and still lose, but it's a slow loss. I recommend keeping UDs in check, as well, for much faster loss. As for maintaining, I've never gotten that part down with any plan.... No, I didn't take any medicine or supplements to help with JUDDDD. If you have more questions, just shoot!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Misty, Tammy, Nora!! So happy to hear your voices again. I was ill, got better...and happier. I really shouldn't have gone on that cruise in 2010, as I was so ill, exhausted and depressed it was a waste of money. Not planning another until Feb '13 - Carnival Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale - which will be marvelous as there will be 7 of us from my family plus assorted others. There hasn't been an entry on this board for months so I may be SOL but just wanted you to see I said "hi":D if you popped back in. - Elizabeth

((((( Elizabeth)))))) Hugs !!!!! I have missed you so much. Good to see you again. :D

I am glad you are doing better and back in to the swing of things.

Actually I have missed all my girls. It is getting late now but I promise to post more tomorrow. I have lots of good things to tell you :)

Nora

Went to the fireworks display on Canada Day and had a great time! don't know how the mosquitoes are where you are (here they are big enough to name and leash train) but take your "Off" for the evening and hide it well because the crush of people around you didn't bring theirs...have a great day!:)

Hi Everyone!

Elizabeth- Same here with the 'skeeters they are huge this summer.

Speaking of leash training.... I have a new dog. Last winter I had to put my 3 year old dog down unexpectedly. It broke my heart. She had ruptured a disc in her back and became paralyzed. I went online to a site called Petfinders.com and found this dog in Rochester NY. She had come from a shelter in Kentuckey and was hours prior to be putting down. Some one there felt she was worth saving and she was hooked up with the Pilots for paws program and flown up here.

She had been staying with a foster family of a pet rescue group.

Her name is Rosie. She is a little white terrier mix about a year old. Lots of energy. She gets along well with my 15 year old dog ( a peek-a-poo). We are working on her manners with the 2 cats but she is learning. One good thing is we are walking alot!

I had a hysterectomy in early June and I am recovred now. I feel so much better. :)

at 49 that was not a big sacrifice! Now I need to get serious about my weight loss.

I would love to hear from everyone again. I miss chatting with my gals!

Have a good day!

Nora

oh Nora I am so sorry about your dog. we are great animal lovers here and make a lifetime commitment to them. Friends were horrified when we passed up on a great condo because of their no-pet rule. We have lost a lot of animals over the years to old age; with help to cross over. Actually, when it was their time, we had the vet come to the house and do it to lessen the trauma. We sold the house and hope the new owners never feel the need to dig up the lilac bushes - 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 rabbits.:eek:

Good for you for saving a Rescue Animal!:D Hope it soon learns its manners. If the cats take a round out of him that might help. Years ago, we took in a mother cat and her kittens who were homeless. The first thing that scrawny little mother cat did was walk up to our old, surly, 22lb sometime bully of a cat, and smack him across the face. He was astounded. And he showed her great respect after that giving Houdini and her babies a wide berth.:)

I had a partial hysterectomy many years ago and was initially shocked by how much I missed the uterus in regards to, oh lets say, pleasure capacity. Don't worry, given time the body has a glorious way of devising new pathways to fulfill the purpose. Fascinating isn't it? We humans really don't know as much as we think we do about the "intelligence" of the body. Probably told you this story but here it comes again: In 1990 I had 2 small strokes, mri showed the dead spots in my occipatal region and I was somewhat blind (like looking through a raggedy grew holey blanket). The next day my vision was back; medical expertise diagnosed what was wrong but did not contribute to this little miracle of unconscious self healing. Course it doesn't work for everything damn it or I would have a new neck and knee by now:rolleyes:

It was great to hear from you! Hey I think I saw Misty's light on - hope she checks the thread! Miiiisty! Where aaaaare you? (it might work:p)

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone!

I have been thinking of my JUDD girls and I miss you so much!

Update on me. Thanks to my rescue dog Rosie I am down 20#. I also found out she is a "schnoodle'. Half schauzer and half poodle.

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed holiday season. I am so looking forward to my cruise in February.

Nora

• 1 month later...

Just stumbled onto this thread. I had never heard of JUDDDD before, but after reading the website I think this is a feasible option for me - I can do anything for a day but I don't have the willpower to restrict caloric intake long term like traditional dieting would have me do.

Right now I am sitting around 225lbs - at my most active (horseback riding for 4+ hrs day and hiking mountainous terrain another 2-3hrs/day) I could still only get down to 175lbs, so I am not meant to be thin but I can improve my fitness and my figure (which was DRASTICALLY different then). I am cruising April 1st and I'd like to be at 200lb by then. I am also in a biggest loser pool at work, where the winner gets the pot after four consecutive weekly weigh-ins - and since I could use that $40 for cruising, it's an added motivator!

Tomorrow hubby and I have a dinner date with my parents so it will be my first UP day - I'll also pick up some slimfast shakes and get ready for my first DOWN day on Sunday. Wish me luck!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey all, wonder if anyone might look at this old thread? I dropped off the wagon after I had stumbled upon this years ago. Was working towards a cruise back in the spring of '10 and doing well until the unexpected death of my son 2 weeks before the cruise. I did go ahead and go on the cruise, I needed that time to get away from everything and would have lost all my money anyway, it was too late to cancel. Since then I have floundered with my weight and struggled with depression at times, I'm pretty sure I am at the most I've weighed :( I've been on a few cruises since then and don't have one booked at the moment, boss won't approve the time off. I do have a trip to NYC planned for Feb '14 though, soooo if any of you re-find this thread and want to chat and compare, come on! Today will certainly be an UP DAY, petit fours in the office! My name is Sue, married, live in Texas, have 2 grown children and 4 grandchildren, I'm a school nurse. Happy Tuesday!!!:D

Archived