Carnival Victory Review with lots of Photo's--July 5-12, 2009

dz63

Thank you so much for the information. I really was not sure what I should do. I however do not want to wait for Carnival to fee up. But I would not have to pay a porter. I think 12 would probally fill a bus ?? I think we might just do 3 taxi's it would be cheaper and get us there quicker since our fight gets in early(Before noon). What is anyone advise for doing a excursion and getting luggage to the airport after the cruise... WOuld you suggest using Carnival for this. OUr plane does not leave till 3.30. Thought about doing the Rum Factory.....

Any suggestions on things you have done. Are much welcomed. Also Port idea.. I know that one thing we want to do it the Pirates excursion in St Lucia. Anyone have any comments about that.......

Thanks for all you help again

What is anyone advise for doing a excursion and getting luggage to the airport after the cruise... WOuld you suggest using Carnival for this. OUr plane does not leave till 3.30. Thought about doing the Rum Factory.....

Any suggestions on things you have done. Are much welcomed. Also Port idea.. I know that one thing we want to do it the Pirates excursion in St Lucia. Anyone have any comments about that.......

Thanks for all you help again

I agree large vans are extension type, but would need two. Carnival uses large coach buses I believe.

I have the answer for you regarding flight and luggage home. It is a real godsend (trust me) It is Carnivals Luggage express program. Well worth the money-they handle luggage,get you boarding passes and you can enjoy your last day. Keep in mind you said flight at 3:30ish? Does not give you much time to tour. Unless if you are part of tour Carnival does luggage transfer for you?

I am posting two links from CC-first link I started called "Luggage Express- San Juan info needed" and post answered very well by Host Mach. (see post #3)http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1163779&highlight=luggage+express

Second is a link from a Victory review that gives alternative to where to store luggage, or even if you use Express Program a place to check out. (see post #7)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1188319&highlight=luggage+express http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1163779&highlight=luggage+express

RE:Rum tour--we took tour many years ago pre 9/11. It used to be you took a ferry across and then a shuttle tram and waited under massive tent for tour. We actually got to see the inside operations from start to finish (vats-thru bottling), then actual business offices and back to tent given two tickets each for beverage tasting. I read recently they have now gone to a video tour/museum. Not sure if that is still true for security reasons,but worth checking out as to not have high expectations.

Great review. We will be on board the Victory, July 4th. We will be staying at the Embassy Suites prior to our cruise. Do you remember if there were restaurants and shops within walking distance?

Yes, there are many shops, restaurants and even fast food places within walking distance of the Embassy Suites.

• 1 month later...

IF you are taking request-LOL-Can you save your fun times and post them when you return. the ones that were in this review are older as they did different ports in the end. And different sailing times

Thank you

IF you are taking request-LOL-Can you save your fun times and post them when you return. the ones that were in this review are older as they did different ports in the end. And different sailing times

Thank you

Ditto that request. Menu photos too ..not that we ask for small feats

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
:eek: I DON'T LIKE IGUANAS!!! DO THEY BOTHER YOU IN ANY MANNER???

I assume you mean the iguanas at Sapphire Beach! Although the iguanas were prevelant on the beach, most of them ran away when we approached. We really only had one that walked up to where our towels were laid out in the sand and stood there staring at us. It did take me by surprise when I turned around and noticed one standing there! All he wanted was for us to give him a treat!

Archived