Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CoachTerry14

Hurricane Bill

Thanks for the info Terry. I will be watching this forum a lot in the next few weeks now that we are under 40 days until we sail.

Thanks for organizing/consolidating/stickying also, it makes it easier than having several threads on what is really the same storm as it progresses through it's life.

We're leaving out of San Juan on the 23rd of this month for a southern Caribbean cruise (St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts) on Carnival Victory. Would I be correct in saying that it looks as if this tropical depression will have passed the southern Caribbean by next Sunday when we arrive in San Juan?

Should we be worried at all?

We're leaving out of San Juan on the 23rd of this month for a southern Caribbean cruise (St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts) on Carnival Victory. Would I be correct in saying that it looks as if this tropical depression will have passed the southern Caribbean by next Sunday when we arrive in San Juan?

Should we be worried at all?

That's actually a northeastern Carib cruise. The 23rd is a long way off. Bill (td3) should have moved by, but some models have another one following. Just too early to know. The models aren't that good.

Ugh...sailing from Pt. Canaveral on the 22nd, and flying down the day of. I'm not so worried about the cruise. As long as we get on the boat, I know Carnival will make sure we have a good trip. However, I am worried about getting down there, as we are flying the day of. I know the models don't predict that far out yet, but from looking at what's predicted through Thursday, I'm wondering if we are going to have difficulty flying into Orlando.

Ugh...sailing from Pt. Canaveral on the 22nd, and flying down the day of. I'm not so worried about the cruise. As long as we get on the boat, I know Carnival will make sure we have a good trip. However, I am worried about getting down there, as we are flying the day of. I know the models don't predict that far out yet, but from looking at what's predicted through Thursday, I'm wondering if we are going to have difficulty flying into Orlando.

No! You're on our roll call so that gives you magical powers. You'll be fine :).

No! You're on our roll call so that gives you magical powers. You'll be fine :).

Thanks, Carla! My obsessive personality, and the fact that I am off from work from now until the cruise is not going to help my worrying. I'm going to work on positive imagery. I am picturing myself lying on a lounge chair on Lido with a DOD in my hand...:D

We will be going out of SJ on 8/30 on a Southern caribbean cruise. Do you all think that we will be ok? I am keeping my eyes, fingers and toes crossed that it will all work out.

I'll be leaving from Galveston 8/22 headed to western carribeans (Cozymel, Progresso, Yucatan). Should I worry?

I'll be leaving from Galveston 8/22 headed to western carribeans (Cozymel, Progresso, Yucatan). Should I worry?

I am not an expert weather person or anything like that. But on www.stormpulse.com , it shows Bill turning back out to sea before it reaches the US. No apparent danger to anyone in the Carribean.

Ana appears to be out of the way by the time you cruise. Either way, its a weak tropical depresion. I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Have a great cruise!

We will be going out of SJ on 8/30 on a Southern caribbean cruise. Do you all think that we will be ok? I am keeping my eyes, fingers and toes crossed that it will all work out.

All the active storms right now will be far far gone by 8/30...but you never know what will spark up next in the Atlantic. Its way too far off to tell right now IMHO.

We leave out of Baltimore on the Pride this coming Friday 8-21 going to the Bahamas, so I am worried some.

And, as a Hugo survivor, I tend to take the storms serious.

We leave out of Baltimore on the Pride this coming Friday 8-21 going to the Bahamas, so I am worried some.

And, as a Hugo survivor, I tend to take the storms serious.

Ditto! I lived in FL for 15 years and know not to mess around. That being said, looks like we should be okay out of Baltimore on Friday. Might be a bumpy ride for a while though!

Guest TropicOne

No, Bill will be something like 1000 miles away.I live in the Orlando area.

No, Bill will be something like 1000 miles away.I live in the Orlando area.

Thanks. I'm glad that the storm predictions seem to have shifted. Not worried anymore! :D

Bill will need to be watched for Bermuda. It may be close enough for some issues.

Leaving out Port Canaveral on Friday headed to the Bahamas, am I correct to assume that we could have a somewhat bumpy ride? TIA

I'm leaving JAX to the Bahamas on Sat- and that's pretty much what I'm hearing. Lots of bumps= fun to me!

Leaving out Port Canaveral on Friday headed to the Bahamas, am I correct to assume that we could have a somewhat bumpy ride? TIA

Ana is now very disrupted and will continue to be. It's possible that it may try to make a comeback in the eastern Gulf late wed/thur. Port Canaveral should not be bothered by Ana very much except for a stray band. Swell will be building from Bill well to the east, as it should become a major hurricane.