A new RCCL - IT glitch?

Anyone heard of this one before?

XX books cabin for 2 people with flights pays deposit £200.

Later adds 3rd guest with flights (but coming back before 1 & 2nd guests) pays 3rd guest deposit of £150.

New Confirmation invoice comes through for guests 1 & 2 showing deposit paid £350.

Separate Confirmation invoice comes through for 3rd guest showing deposit as £350.

But actually the £350 was total deposit paid for 3 guests.

Reason given for the error....IT glitch due to 3rd guest coming back on earlier flight. :confused: With no guarantee it can be fixed before final payment time.

So it actually shows you as having PAID a total of 750 when you actually paid only 350? That's a switch! I guess that's something you'd want to get fixed before you show up at the pier and they say one of you still owes money.

You'd think an enterprise the size of RCI could get their IT ducks in a row!

So it actually shows you as having PAID a total of 750 when you actually paid only 350? That's a switch! I guess that's something you'd want to get fixed before you show up at the pier and they say one of you still owes money.

You'd think an enterprise the size of RCI could get their IT ducks in a row!

Yes it shows as having paid £700 but only actually paid £350.

What is hard to understand is the explanation for this error...IT glitch because 3rd guest is on returning on different date from 1 & 2 guests.:confused:

So 3rd guest has a confirmation invoice that says their balance due is lower than it actually should be.

By the way..it wasnt the agent who spotted the error, despite the fact they had made another error in 1 & 2nd guests invoice and had to correct that, you would have thought they would have actually checked both invoices. :rolleyes:

Later adds 3rd guest with flights (but coming back before 1 & 2nd guests) pays 3rd guest deposit of £150.

New Confirmation invoice comes through for guests 1 & 2 showing deposit paid £350.

Separate Confirmation invoice comes through for 3rd guest showing deposit as £350.

Reason given for the error....IT glitch due to 3rd guest coming back on earlier flight. :confused: With no guarantee it can be fixed before final payment time.

And some people say RCI doesn't care about their UK Cruisers! :eek::D

And some people say RCI doesn't care about their UK Cruisers! :eek::D

In case you have the wrong idea the 'extra' £350 will have to be paid.

What is annoying is it wont be agent who has to explain to 3rd guest's parents why the invoice is wrong.

Just spoke with RCCL UK and apparently this glitch has occured with others and not just here in UK.

It happens when another guest is added to a booking with flights but are returning on different flights.

It isn't high priority to get fixed as it doesn't affect that many people :confused:

What i'd like to know is how you got away with paying just £200 deposit for 2 guests - should it not have been £300

jj......

What i'd like to know is how you got away with paying just £200 deposit for 2 guests - should it not have been £300

jj......

The first two guests were booked before June 1st ...geez did you get outta bed wrong side today JJ :rolleyes:

The 3rd guest was added recently hence the £150 deposit for her.

The first two guests were booked before June 1st ...geez did you get outta bed wrong side today JJ :rolleyes:

The 3rd guest was added recently hence the £150 deposit for her.

Geez you failed to mention that lol it sounded like a new booking !!

jj......

Geez you failed to mention that lol it sounded like a new booking !!

jj......

Thought the word 'Later' might have helped clue you in there as to fact it wasnt new booking.

But just incase you are still confused...this booking was actually made at the Cruise Show in London in March...but later (as in last week) I added 3rd guest.

Now to get back to the reason for this thread...has anyone else experienced this IT glitch ?

Speaking from experience as I work in IT for a major corp: It can literally take a team of 4 or 5 dedicated programmers several days alone to write the necessary code for fixing this. And that is if its not put in a "queue" until other higher priority jobs are fixed first.

I'm not making excuses at all just trying to put it in perspective. And as a general rule since IT are generally a little better compensated than most regular employees companies are watching the man-hours very closely :(.

That being said I do hope they create a work around for those affected!

Probably not many since it isn't a high priority fix due to the small number of cruisers it affects. :)

Yeah just like they can be bothered to add the search for cabin that both Celebrity and Azamara have !!!

jj......

Thought the word 'Later' might have helped clue you in there as to fact it wasnt new booking.

But just incase you are still confused...this booking was actually made at the Cruise Show in London in March...but later (as in last week) I added 3rd guest.

Now to get back to the reason for this thread...has anyone else experienced this IT glitch ?

Hi Liz, Haven't had the SAME IT clitch with them but had a IT glitch where we tried to book the Speciality Restaraunt for ourselves and a surprise for some US friends who we were cruising with. The system accepted our booking reference # then when we wanted to add our friends it asked for their booking #, it showed that we could not make the reservation as our booking was made in GBP and our friend's was booked in $$US. When I wrote to them stating that I wished to do it and PAY for it as a surprise, the response was. Sorry, the system cannot accept such COMPLICATED requests:mad::(. If you wish to have it linked get your friends to book their own on their account.(so much for the surprise:p).

Someone said to me yesterday that I should have pressed RCCL to stand by their error in the balance due on 3rd guest's invoice.

I wonder what others would have done?

Also I wonder what would be the legal point of view on such an error :confused:

I just wouldn't have said anything lol

jj.......

Archived