Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barlr

Majesty of the Seas Drinks....

Hello,

this will be my hubby and I first time cruising i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much (approx.) are the alcoholic beverages on the ship. we leave monday cruising to nassau, cococay and key west!

thanks in advance!!!

The prices vary depending on what you get, and if you get it in a souvenir glass or regular. Also, there is usually a drink of the day at a reasonable price. My martini was 8.95, dw's bellini was 9.95. Regular mixed drinks are a few dollars less, and the drink of the day is about 5.95 IIRC. Don't forget, they add 18% gratuity to the check. I do not know the beer prices, but have heard you may be able to get a deal on a bucket of beer.

Ken

Stick to regular cocktails or beer! Wine is overpriced (IMO!!) and the "fancy" drinks don't have as much alcohol as a basic cocktail, like a rum and coke, vodka tonic, etc...

You get more "bang" for your buck with a standard drink!

The prices vary depending on what you get, and if you get it in a souvenir glass or regular. Also, there is usually a drink of the day at a reasonable price. My martini was 8.95, dw's bellini was 9.95. Regular mixed drinks are a few dollars less, and the drink of the day is about 5.95 IIRC. Don't forget, they add 18% gratuity to the check. I do not know the beer prices, but have heard you may be able to get a deal on a bucket of beer.

Ken

I believe a 15% gratuity is added to the check..;)

I happen to have a Bolero's menu right here in my hot little hands from 2 wks ago...

Frozen:

XO Colada-$7

Ulitmate Pina Colada-$6.75

Passion-Mangorita-$8.75

Mango berry Daiquiri-$6.75

Wildberry Lava Flow-$8.25

ROCKS:

Patron perfect margarita-$8.75

Cuba Libre (rum & Coke)-$7

Sombrero-$6

MARTINIS:

Tequini-$9.75

Ruby Red Martini-$8

Pear Melon Martini-$8

ESPECIAL DE BOLEROS:

Mojito (personal Favorite!!)-$5.75

Royal Mojito-$5.75

Mango Mojito-$5.75

Pineapple Mojito-$5.75

Caipirinha-$6

Caipirissima-$7.25

Batidas-6.75

WINE:

from $6 to $8 by the glass from selected wines (nothing fancy, around $8 to $12 a bottle at home type)

CERVEZA:

Dos Equis-$4.75

most imports were $4.75 some from every country just about, Fosters Oil Can was $6.95 BIG

Domestic beer-$4.95 all American brands from Coors-$3.95 to Miller-$3.95 to Bud $4.95 and Michelob $4.95.

Smirnoff Ice-$4.50

Hello,

this will be my hubby and I first time cruising i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much (approx.) are the alcoholic beverages on the ship. we leave monday cruising to nassau, cococay and key west!

thanks in advance!!!

Don't forget that when in "American" ports, i.e. Miami and Key West on this cruise.... the "local" taxes will be added. Many question why the prices "change".... now you know ;)

Hope to see you on board... we are "often" at the Schooner, deck 5 :D.... nice listening music, either piano or guitar generally. Bolero's will give you the latin sounds, and is on deck 7. Lots of places to check out the "prices":eek: Like the pool area, deck 11 has two bars... the Viking on deck 14... a wonderful location to check out the action on deck 11 or watch the lightning storms at night... if you can handle cigar smoke. Also a nightime place to dance and party is the Spectrum on deck 8....

Have fun.... the Majesty is the "perfect" ship for a first cruise..... IMO :p

Stick to regular cocktails or beer! Wine is overpriced (IMO!!) and the "fancy" drinks don't have as much alcohol as a basic cocktail, like a rum and coke, vodka tonic, etc...

You get more "bang" for your buck with a standard drink!

I agree with you on this one! A simple Rum and Coke is $5.50 plus gratuity (and tax if in port) and you receive a lot more alcohol in the drink than you will in a "fancy" drink which consists of mostly crushed ice and flavoring.

Hello,

thanks in advance!!!

Just make sure you leave some drinks for us, we are sailing the Monday after you!! :)