Attn: All Past And Present Sept. Cruisers

Kelly43

I was visited by "Dirty Santa" and had to have 2 major surgeries for December. Therefore, I have to reschedule our 1st cruise from my birthday April 10, 2005 to September 4, 2005. Wouldn't you know it, just when it was really gettin closer!! My question is, if you have cruised in September and would you do it again?? My DH is a littly ansy bout going in September. I would love your opinions because you people and the ones who trully know!!:p Thanks folks, hope to talk to ya soon, Kelly:)

We have always cruised during hurricane season, and have always been fortunate enough to have beautiful weather! I think it just comes down to luck....thankfully luck has been on our side (knock on wood!!)

And it was in the hurricane that came up the eastern seaboard. We were on the Sept 18th sailing of the Carnival Legend. Would I do it again? Yes, even though the waters were rough the first day and a half. They sailed the ship further out in the Atlantic before turning south in order to get us to clear skies and water. It was a great voyage after that. I would prefer no hurricane, but it really wouldn't bother me. It was a great time to see the interior of the ship, as most of the passengers seemed to stay in their cabins. And my wife and I, and the couple we were with, really enjoyed going outside and looking at the water and feeling the wind.

Its a cruise, enjoy!!

I have been on three cruises, all during Hurricane season (one in September, one in October, and one in November). We were not able to tender into Grand Cayman because of rough waters on one cruise, but we knew what the risks were when we booked, and while disappointed, it certainly did not put a damper on the entire trip. We would not hesitate to cruise again (in fact, looking to book a September cruise in '05).

At least not in the Carribbean! I know people do it all the time, but we got married in September 1995 and had a 7 day cruise booked for the southern Carib. If you recal that was the year of Karen, Luis, Marilyn, and whichever "n" & "o" hurricaines occurred that year. (Don't recall since they happened DURING our cruise and "mystriously", the T.V.s didn't work on our cruise, to get any news! Although I do recall seein alot of Mr. Bean shows that week! LOL!!!) We missed all but two of our 6 islands, and it poured both days we were in port. We were diverted to Trinidad which was really pretty scary (Armed soldiers in the downtown shops and on the streets), but we understood that the cruise line was doing the best they could to keep us out of the bad weather. It was my first cruise, and it didn't steer me away from cruising, but I booked our Anniversary cruise for March. Gave it to DH in September, but wouldn't risk it again, especially another 7 or 8 day one. Just a view from "the other side!"

Karen

Most of my cruises were done the last week of August or the First week in September. The price is right and there are few kids onboard. We have been lucky so far...but didnt schedule a cruise for last Sept (thank God)

But as long as you are aware its hurricane season and realize things can happen. (ex-- your cruise could be longer- it could be shortened. Your ports canceled..

We prefer cruising in September....it always seems to work out best with our schedules. Due to hurricanes, we did have our itinerary reversed one time, and this year our 7 day cruise got shortened to 5....but I still wouldn't hesitate to cruise in September again. We have our 50% off coupon for the hurricane cruise we had this year, so we are trying to decide where we want to go next September. :D

My last cruise was in September 2003 and it was fantastic. Western Carribbean (Cozumel, Belize, Coca Cay and the Bahamas). There was a hurricane brewing and the first day out . . . we all tracked it and were sort of worried (not a lot because the skies were blue and the sun was shinning and the sea was like glass). As it turned out, the hurricane hit my home in Virginia (not my house just my neighborhood). I'd sail again in September in a heart beat!

We cruised in September of 2002 and we have a hurricane ahead of us and a hurricane behind us. However, we had great weather.

We sailed last September and it was not so great. Our flight was cancelled and we had to fly into another city, our hotel for the night was evacuated, we had trouble finding another hotel. Our ship was also a day late so another hotel had to be found. We also had two ports cancelled. After all this when we got on the ship we had a great time. The weather turned out wonderfull although for our next cruise I decided to book for December so I am expecting a snow storm.

Let me add, GET CRUISE INSURANCE. It paid for our food, the hotel and the van that we had to rent to drive to the port (since we had to fly into another ciy). The cruise line did compesate us well, half off our next cruise and $250.00 shipboard credit.

My anniversary and Birthday are in September and I have been cruising in that month for at least six years. We always sail out of NYC in that month and love it. Sometimes the ship is delayed but gives us time to go into the city. Last September, we got lucky on the Legend. The sailing before and after us did not get to do the normal route. Actually, I just started planning for next September this week.

Cruised once in late September and it was fantastic. The ship was less crowded and there were fewer kids. The average age of the passengers was older than usual and there appeared to be fewer singles. Since I bring my "hook up" with me it isn't a problem but those looking for theirs would have found slimmer pickings.

Archived