Looking for guide in Egypt who will do a custom tour

mconthehighseas

Great!!!!...it never fails...as soon as we plan a trip somewhere...the riots break out...:(.....maybe it's just that I'm paying more attention to that location...but it sure seems that way...hope things calm down before we go in August...already booked the flight!!

Well, we talked more about this..and..look what just hapepned in Arizona..so..just be careful..we are excited about our trip now and can't wait to see the pyramids and Abu Simbel! Sherry

Very good point. I always say that I'm very much more likely to die in a car accident on my daily commute to/from work than to EVER run into any trouble while traveling. ;)

Just this morning I heard about another shooting aboard a train headed to Cairo where Copts were targeted. I wonder if any cruise lines are considering not stopping in Egypt?

http://www.smh.com.au/world/shooting-on-train-adds-to-christian-fears-in-egypt-20110112-19o5y.html

what happened on the train was a shooting rampage from a fired police man who was mentally unstable so the accident had nothing to do with christian minority. i think such accidents happen all the time around the world especially in the united states.

what happened on the train was a shooting rampage from a fired police man who was mentally unstable so the accident had nothing to do with christian minority. i think such accidents happen all the time around the world especially in the united states.

Sadly, this is very true. However, I think "incidents" would be a better term than "accidents" -- I don't believe his gun accidentally discharged.

• 4 months later...

Just back from the Star Princess May 18th sailing. We went to Alexandria, Giza, Sakkara & Cairo with Egypt Private Excursions. I would recommend pre arranging for a guide in the language you understand. This worked very well for us. We felt safe with our own driver and guide for the 2 day/overnight excursion. We did not go in the convoy as others have described, as we left the port at 7:15 am. and we didn't have an armed guard although we saw a couple of the guards along with the big bus loads of tourists.

We did come upon an incident of a man throwing a potted plant at a car and being chased by the driver, but our driver got us out of there quickly. This came as quite a surprise to us as to how quickly the crowd grew and how violent this incident was becoming. Be cautious.

• 2 months later...

We booked a private day excursion from Alexandria and it was incredible! We used Ramses Tours. Our tour guide met us at the ship port and took us on a day tour to the Step Pyramids, Memphis and the Giza Pyrmids and Sphinx. It was a seemless tour and we felt very safe and comfortable. it was truly a trip of a lifetime and we'd love to return! We stopped with a cruise ship but I understand they can arrange any type of tour including overnight tours. Others on our ship used the same company for overnight tours. Highly recommended! :)

• 2 weeks later...
We booked a private day excursion from Alexandria and it was incredible! We used Ramses Tours. Our tour guide met us at the ship port and took us on a day tour to the Step Pyramids, Memphis and the Giza Pyrmids and Sphinx. It was a seemless tour and we felt very safe and comfortable. it was truly a trip of a lifetime and we'd love to return! We stopped with a cruise ship but I understand they can arrange any type of tour including overnight tours. Others on our ship used the same company for overnight tours. Highly recommended! :)

We have a tour booked along with other members from our roll call to see Egypt using Ramses. It's great to hear they have a good reputation. We are looking forward to next month when we get to those ports! :)

Archived