Just a stupid question. How do you pronounce John Heald's last name?

clerky96

Thank you!

Yep! That would be me! The older I get the "stupider" I become! LOL

Is "stupider" a word? Sorry, couldn't resist. Your post was sincere, but also cute. I enjoy reading these boards. It reminded me of the time that a cruise director's name was misspelled in the Capers. It was misspelled in such a way that the vowel sound in his name was transformed. Example: the difference in pronunciation of the words "put" and "putt". For the remainder of that cruise we called him (amongst ourselves) by the pronunciation of the misspelling. It was a hoot.

Is it really pronounced "heeled?" I have been thinking of it as "held" forever!

i've always thought heald (as posted above) = healed (in common AMERICAN pronunciation)... which isn't actually far off, at all, if you consider the consonants... and the brits are typically pretty close to the 'english standard' ;)

or... ya know... why would there be that extra A? in heAld? ;)

I'm just saying that cause that is how he was introduced.... your cruise director "John Held". That's what we heard everyone calling him that week. John Held... I don't personally know the man.. and a couple thousand people on the Liberty could have all been wrong.

I'm just saying that cause that is how he was introduced.... your cruise director "John Held". That's what we heard everyone calling him that week. John Held... I don't personally know the man.. and a couple thousand people on the Liberty could have all been wrong.

Good example....Is that pronounced herd or he-ard ????? LOL....:D

'simply the best' :D

I find him vulgar and tastless...it is shocking to see how he behaves in a public forum. One of these days, between his acts and his blog, he'll be on the recieving end of sexual based lawsuit. How on earth Carnival HR or Corporate has not roped him in is just incredible. One day he will cost the company millions with his choice of words and topic matter.

I find him vulgar and tastless...it is shocking to see how he behaves in a public forum. One of these days, between his acts and his blog, he'll be on the recieving end of sexual based lawsuit. How on earth Carnival HR or Corporate has not roped him in is just incredible. One day he will cost the company millions with his choice of words and topic matter.

Geez....Look who is back.....:rolleyes:

If you didn't notice this is called the "Fun Ship" cruiseline.....We are not real anal about humor. Maybe HAL, Princess or Cunard might be more your cup of tea.....;)

By the way....How did you help answer the "OP's" question ????

Is your name Ruth? Lighten up.

And this has what to do with the pronunciation of John's last name? NOTHING. Try and stick to the subject at hand and not come into a thread with information that has nothing to do with what the OP has asked for.

You probably do not like him because he talked about you on his blog LMAO. John has the best stories about some people that really are quite......

And this has what to do with the pronunciation of John's last name? NOTHING. Try and stick to the subject at hand and not come into a thread with information that has nothing to do with what the OP has asked for.

You probably do not like him because he talked about you on his blog LMAO. John has the best stories about some people that really are quite......

Then correct the guy who made the comment before mine who thinks he is great! Really unfair of you to ask me to stay out when someone else did the same thing.

I agree. I'm really don't get why all the fuss about him. I read his blog once or twice and was a bit surprised by some things he said and wondered how a large corporation would allow him to represent them.

Archived