Question about Halifax

smitty3000

We are renting a car from Avis when we get to Halifax on July 16th. Avis told me they would pick us up at the port if we called them and bring us back to their office to pick up the car. After going to Peggy's Cove, Titantic Cemetary and Maritime Museum We will be dropping off the car back at the Avis Office. If there is any time left I thought maybe we could walk to the Citadel or maybe the beautiful gardens everyone is talking about on here from the Avis Office and then walk back to the ship. How close is the Avis Office which is at 1717 Grafton to the Citadel and Gardens. I am in port from 9 - 6 is it possible to see all of this driving a rental car. Thanks for any info.:)

You will get a better response in the Canada forum.

Anyway, the maritime museum is right in town, relatively near where the ship will dock. So I would do Peggy's Cove, then the cemetery, then return the rental car and either cab it or walk to the botanical gardens (sorry, don't know how far from your rental agency address), then walk back through town, stopping at the museum last then walking back to the ship via the boardwalk.

I didn't go to the cemetery but recall a poster saying they could've skipped it. If you are concerned about packing too much into one day, I'd say eliminate that.

As a sidenote and speaking of cemeteries, there is a cool (if you can ever describe a cemetery as "cool") cemetery called "Old Burial Grounds" on the corner of Barrington and Spring Hill. Wow. VERY old graves, some above ground, interesting to see and read the makers.

Archived