Autoprogreso Open Bar & Xcambo?

Grits53

As a "50's" couple who enjoy going to Nachi Cocom in Cozumel and also to Mayan ruins, we are interested in this tour from Progreso. Would love to hear from someone who has done this. We're not big drinkers; we just want a nice, relaxing day with authentic Mexican food. I have researched Xcambo and know it can't compare to Uxmal, which I love. But that's OK. I'd still like to see it. We'll be there the first week of Oct. Input, please? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The most authentic Mexican food I had, which is available to day-trippers, at the Reef Yucatan when I stayed there was; you guessed it. HAMBURGESAS. (thin beef patty, with thin slice of ham and white cheese. But the drinks were very good.

I suggest a tour to the ruins at Xcambo followed by a visit to Yucatan Villas, which have a fantastic, quiet and vendor-free beach and where you can have something tasty right on the beach with your toes in the sand, accompanied by a frosty beer or margarita. Yum. :D

Thanks for the advice. Do you know of a tour company who offers these two places in one "package"? Or how do you recommend we do this?

hdawson, that sounds interesting!

Jan,

Just in case you didnt know, Ive heard people going through AutoProgresso when you get off the boat to buy the Reef Club/xcambo excursion as its cheaper than buying it from Carnival. I think they sell it for $45. Their website is http://www.autoprogreso.com/openbar.html.htm and I had emailed them to get more information, and a girl named Christy answered all my questions and was very nice. Their email is tours@autoprogreso.com.

Also, I just noticed that we will be on the Triumph together in 18 days!!! Soooo excited! :p

Jan,

Just in case you didnt know, Ive heard people going through AutoProgresso when you get off the boat to buy the Reef Club/xcambo excursion as its cheaper than buying it from Carnival. I think they sell it for $45. Their website is http://www.autoprogreso.com/openbar.html.htm and I had emailed them to get more information, and a girl named Christy answered all my questions and was very nice. Their email is tours@autoprogreso.com.

Also, I just noticed that we will be on the Triumph together in 18 days!!! Soooo excited! :p

Well, get yourself over to our roll call then! :) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1128753

Thanks for the info!

Archived