Uxmal tour March 30 2011

krish111

Hi all,

My husband and I are on the Carnival Triumph from New Orleans. Will be at the port of Progreso on 30th march. We were looking to take a tour to the Myan ruins at Uxmal with Robert Bower. The tour costs 50pp and will start at the pier at 8 am. You can visit his webpage at the link below. The trip includes a brief stop at the town of Uman. Back at the pier by 2 with enough time to shop.

For that special VIP Tour of the Yucatan visit Pablo´s Prestigious Yucatan Tours

http://rabbit777.tripod.com/pablosprestigioustoursofprogresogettoknowtheyucatanpersonally/

There is a 10 person minimum for this tour. We are 2 of us and if anyone else is interested in joining us for the tour, please let us know. You can also email me at ramyakrish111@yahoo.com if interested.

Thanks

Krish

If you can't get 10, Robert can take up to 4 in his own car. That's what he did for us.

Thats great! Thanks for the info. Hope we have someone join us, else we might have to go for the ship's excursion.

Thats great! Thanks for the info. Hope we have someone join us, else we might have to go for the ship's excursion.

Have you posted in your Roll Call? You might be able to find some people to go there.

You will enjoy Uxmal. We were there in Nov. and liked it better than our previous visit to Chichen Itza.

Have you posted in your Roll Call? You might be able to find some people to go there.

You will enjoy Uxmal. We were there in Nov. and liked it better than our previous visit to Chichen Itza.

Well I have posted it in our roll call too. But no one seems to be interested. Did you do a private tour with someone or take the ship's tour. I read that if you went with Autoprogreso, they made you wait in Merida for a while until the bus/van is filled up. Is that true?

Well I have posted it in our roll call too. But no one seems to be interested. Did you do a private tour with someone or take the ship's tour. I read that if you went with Autoprogreso, they made you wait in Merida for a while until the bus/van is filled up. Is that true?

We did the ship's tour although it did end up about $20 more. My DD is disabled and we wanted the convenience of just walking off the ship, getting in line and boarding the bus. We were on our way in 15 min. and were the 2nd bus to get to the ruins. We had a great guided tour and then plenty of extra time to ourselves to climb the pyramid.

Another family in our roll call went with Autoprogresso. They got about 1 1/2 hours less time at the ruins than we did but did get to spend some time in Merida walking around. I know it was about that long before they left for the ruins from Merida. They did not finish their tour with the guide because they wanted to climb and did not have time for the complete guided tour and climbing. They took the public bus from the ship down the 5 mile prier into the town themselves but I found out that afterward their bus did drop them off at the ship at the end. I think the wait was for the bus to fill up, but I'm not sure.

I think it's what you're looking for. If you want to get to the ruins earlier (before it gets too hot), spend more time there, and don't mind paying about $20 or less more, then go with the ship's tour. If you rather spend time wandering around Merida and less time at the ruins (& a little cheaper in price), take the Autoprogresso tour.

Both have their advantages. You can also do a private tour but I don't know of the companies.

We did the ship's tour although it did end up about $20 more. My DD is disabled and we wanted the convenience of just walking off the ship, getting in line and boarding the bus. We were on our way in 15 min. and were the 2nd bus to get to the ruins. We had a great guided tour and then plenty of extra time to ourselves to climb the pyramid.

Another family in our roll call went with Autoprogresso. They got about 1 1/2 hours less time at the ruins than we did but did get to spend some time in Merida walking around. I know it was about that long before they left for the ruins from Merida. They did not finish their tour with the guide because they wanted to climb and did not have time for the complete guided tour and climbing. They took the public bus from the ship down the 5 mile prier into the town themselves but I found out that afterward their bus did drop them off at the ship at the end. I think the wait was for the bus to fill up, but I'm not sure.

I think it's what you're looking for. If you want to get to the ruins earlier (before it gets too hot), spend more time there, and don't mind paying about $20 or less more, then go with the ship's tour. If you rather spend time wandering around Merida and less time at the ruins (& a little cheaper in price), take the Autoprogresso tour.

Both have their advantages. You can also do a private tour but I don't know of the companies.

Thanks a ton for the info. Looks like the ship's tour would be the better choice for us too. We dont want to roam around in Merida with nothing to do, waiting for the bus to fill up. We have a whole day in Cozumel to do that. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Archived