Reef vs Slicer

1. Beach is probably better at Reef.

2. Silcer is closer.

3. Reef is a hotel/resort whereas Silcer is a small marina

How about getting away from the crowd and going to Yucatan Villas? You will have better beach, less people and probably better service there as a result.

1. Beach is probably better at Reef.

2. Silcer is closer.

3. Reef is a hotel/resort whereas Silcer is a small marina

How about getting away from the crowd and going to Yucatan Villas? You will have better beach, less people and probably better service there as a result.

Thanks! Where is Yucatan Villas?

Going to Progresso in April on the Carnival Ecstasy and am looking for a beach resort for the day. Has anyone been to both Reef and Slicer? Which is better and why? Pros/Cons?

Thanks!

I am looking for this exact same info! have you found any good information? From what I can tell, Reef is farther... 40 minutes ,along the time you are there only about 3hours. Slicer has a video on you tube. I googles slicer beach club criss tours and two popped up. It looks okay, but Not as nice as reef.

We have been to both. We went to the Reef about 3 years ago & Silcer's in January.

The pool area is amazing at the Reef but we liked the beach & the atmosphere at Silcer's better.

The buffet at the Reef was not very good (that was 3 years ago though) & we only had chips & salsa at Silcer's (it was very good though). Drinks were good at both.

Service was much better at Silcer's. It was EXCELLENT!

Silcer's is much closer & you can go & come back whenever you want. We didn't plan to stay very long but ended up staying till it was almost time to board the ship. We did enjoy the drive to the Reef though since we got to see more of Progreso.

We took a long walk down the beach at Silcer's & encountered quite a few locals that were very friendly. It is also a great place to gather shells.

We really enjoyed our visit to Progreso. It is very quaint & the people there are friendly.

If we go back we will probably go back to Silcer's.

There are some pictures of Silcers in my Elation review. Have fun in Progreso!

Juli

Archived