HELP!! WILLIAMDAWSON or hdawson!!

bfkkbc

greetings gentleman!! I have a question about getting a round the towns on a handicapped scooter. Will there be places on the local busses for us to store the scooter (once we break it down) and then ride the bus to our destination?? THANKS! We would like to explore the town and shop a little and possibly have lunch. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!:)

I am not William Dawson but perhaps you meant me :) Local buses would not have a place to put your scooter, but then why would you need to take a bus? What will your destination be?

If you are staying in Progreso, the shuttle bus may be able to accomodate the scooter and if not, there are taxis that may be more accomodating. These will take you to Progreso along the 5 mile pier where you are docked. Once in Progreso, take that scooter and go nuts on the malecon, or beach front street which should be mostly free of traffic and has a nice wide sidewalk as well.

If you are going to Merida that is another story, but in Progreso, the above would apply.

Have fun!

I am not William Dawson but perhaps you meant me :) Local buses would not have a place to put your scooter, but then why would you need to take a bus? What will your destination be?

If you are staying in Progreso, the shuttle bus may be able to accomodate the scooter and if not, there are taxis that may be more accomodating. These will take you to Progreso along the 5 mile pier where you are docked. Once in Progreso, take that scooter and go nuts on the malecon, or beach front street which should be mostly free of traffic and has a nice wide sidewalk as well.

If you are going to Merida that is another story, but in Progreso, the above would apply.

Have fun!

Oh wow! how embarrassing!! I am sorry and yes, I meant you!!!:p When I was asking about the bus, I was referring to the double decker tour bus?? My mother in law has her ankle fused and it is hard for her to get around without a scooter, so I am just trying to make it easier and less stressful for her by coming up with scooter friendly ideas!! We will be visiting Progreso by cruise ship. I thank you for taking your time to answer my questions and Yucatantoday was very informative!:D

• 10 months later...

Archived