Sotuta De Peon? - Taxi Rates? - Private Tour?

Hi,

We will be on the Voyager of the Seas leaving 3/23. I am the researcher/planner of our group of six and am struggling with what to do at this port. I did find a beautiful hacienda that you can tour that includes a swim in a cenote but am unable to figure out how to get there. Has anyone been to Sotuta De Peon? http://www.haciendatour.com/english/index.htm

I emailed them and received a very nice email back quickly. He suggested a taxi from Progreso and mentioned that they are located about 1 hour from Progreso. Is there a website to find taxi rates?

One other question...in other ports, there are quite a few people that you can contact and reserve a private tour for the day such as Victor Bodden in Roatan. Any contacts for Progreso?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Mthomas are you going on the Voyager of the Seas March 23rd ? If so please find our thread and join us. It is under March23rd Spring break. Also, register for the meet and mingle. TTYL Janice(abear2)

Hi Mthomas,

A person that I've dealt with in the Progreso area, that should be able to set up a private tour for your group, is Oscar Escobedo. You can reach him at Oscar_escobedo@hotmail.com

You can check out his website at kab-yucatan.com

He also sets up fishing trips. Someone on a cruise used him (at my recommendation) for a fishing trip in Progreso not to long ago and loved it.

Kristin

I noticed after posting that the email address got underlined and you can't tell but there is an underscore between oscar and escobedo.

Archived