to do at Reef Club?

Carly, sounds like you've already made up your mind that the beach water is too dirty and the pools at the Reef are too cold. Frankly, I've never, in many trips found the water dirty and can't imagine the pools at the Reef as being cold when the air temps are mid-eighties to one hundred, year around.

With your negative expectations, you may want to stay on the ship. This port has more options than most other western Caribbean ports. The greatest choices for major Mayan ruins, the beautiful city of Merida, pop one million and the state capitol and home to four universities. The Progreso beach is clean and large and for those that don't want to experience the local culture there's the Reef Yucatan all-inclusive. No, the beach water is not crystal clear like the Caribbean. That doesn't mean it's dirty.

The Yucatan is the authentic Mexico, not a mexican Disney World.

Actually that's where I was planning on going but The reviews I read said that. I wanted to make sure that wasn't true before I spent my money on this resort instead of just staying by the pier. I've been to true Mexico(my brother is with someone from Mexico- so that is not the problem). I just read the reviews and want to get them straight before arriving. So the water at the resort is nice? And the pool is warm? If that's true- that's all I need to know.

The Reef Yucatan is a beautiful facility with really nice pools, nice beach, tennis courts and food that is just so-so. Drinks are really good. Again, the water on the beach will not be crystal clear. Although I've spent a couple of nights there, I'm really not an all-inclusive type. I like to explore the locale. Do not expect the Yucatan state to resemble Cancun, Cozumel or border towns.

Archived