NCL Star Suite 12000 photos

snowmom

Back from the July 31 NCL Alaska cruise and I will try to post photos of the new A2 owners suite. We had a group of six, and my teens did not want to share the sofa beds, thus we had two rollaways. You will see the rollaways in the photos, and thus the rooms would look different without them! I am trying one photo for now, as I don't know what I am doing. If this works, I'll upload the rest in the morning.

OK, first, here is the master bedroom view from the bed. There was no furniture in the room except the bed, 2 nightstands and a desk. We added the rollaway and pulled in a couple chairs. There is no closet in the master BR. Thus most clothes must be stored in the living room closets.

680669926_12000master.jpg.6e2987a518da5fa99813bddc04c44824.jpg

OK, here we go. First I must apologize that the room is a mess in the photos. I couldn't find my camera at first, so the room is very lived in!

Here is the master bathroom. The bathtub was great, strong jets. The bracket for a TV was there, but no TV yet. Hopefully that will get installed soon. The toilet area had frosted glass that you could sort of see through. The shower rained down from above, also a wand.

1136732835_12000masterbath.jpg.594a28174cefb5f6c23b670bb8a5f35a.jpg

We had a rollaway in the living room so it looks more crowded than it should. There are two windows in the living room, each with a large chair. Then a sofa and a flat screen TV. Finally a table with chairs. We moved the chairs to the master BR. The capp maker was awesome. The fridge was always stocked with our favorite drinks.

97011294_12000living.jpg.36d3cc32b1e9c65bd3c1209398046e93.jpg

1263284641_12000lrview2.jpg.3be1433dcbafb4ee4d98fb7398502f81.jpg

1547483691_livingroom3.jpg.9cca7dc6c60002b0d43a71197143d0a8.jpg

coffee.jpg.bd4767dc729c5e219863c601a2e429c2.jpg

The second bedroom was tiny with a sofa bed, desk and closet. The closet kind of stuck and was difficult to open. When the sofa bed was open the drawers couldn't open. There was a small TV in this room. Also, this is where the DVD player was hooked up.

The second bathroom was also small, but we were delighted to have it! With six in the room, it saved us!

399527113_12000secondbr.jpg.9cef5fd617bc897bd2cceb0d62a5ae6f.jpg

2072633070_12000secondbath.jpg.f623488a10618adc470ff24ac76f98ed.jpg

From the pictures it looks like there was a lot of obstruction to the views. is that correct? Is there a balcony with this suite?
Because the suites look forward, you do look out onto the ship structure. So you see the rails and searchlight. It didn't bother us, but it might bother some. I am guessing that the family suites that face sideways would not be obstructed, but I'm not sure. We did NOT have a balcony. None of the four new owners suites have a balcony, just the floor to ceiling windows. We did not miss having a balcony, but again, others may miss that.

Are the drinks in the fridge "complimentary"? Thanks for the pictures!
Yes, the drinks (non alcoholic) in the fridge were complimentary, and the butler restocked them daily. He noticed what we were drinking and made sure to bring in lots of that. Water and soft drinks were free. The room also came with three bottles of alcohol that you choose on arrival.

Yes, the drinks (non alcoholic) in the fridge were complimentary, and the butler restocked them daily. He noticed what we were drinking and made sure to bring in lots of that. Water and soft drinks were free. The room also came with three bottles of alcohol that you choose on arrival.

Hi snowmom, I would like to thank you for the post. My DW and myself will be in #12002 next May (repo). I think the view looks like a good trade-off to the side balconies IMHO for an Alaskan cruise, being weather could be a factor. One question.....did the room come with any mixers for the booze??? Not a big deal I'll being my own Bloodymary mix if it doesn't, just wanted to know if I needed to pack some. Oh,!!! sorry two questions. how was the butler and Concierge service? I know it could change in 8 months but had to ask :D

Hope you guys had fun:o

We will be in one of the AJ (family suite with floor to ceiling windows) on Deck 12 but this does give us a good idea of the type of furnishings and decor.
I think you will love the AJ. The rooms looked huge (on passing by), the view will be amazing and the perks great!

One question.....did the room come with any mixers for the booze??? Not a big deal I'll being my own Bloodymary mix if it doesn't, just wanted to know if I needed to pack some. Oh,!!! sorry two questions. how was the butler and Concierge service?

We ordered the wine as our free bottles, so didn't need mixers and I'm sorry I didn't notice if they were there. But I imagine the butler would bring them. Or maybe start a new thread asking that...I'm sure someone who has stayed in an NCL suite knows!

Our butler was Orlando, Concierge was Patrick. They were both really great. We had a real celebrity on our ship in a garden villa and I thought maybe everyone would have to focus on that family. However, we felt that we were also treated like royalty. Orlando kept the fridge stocked, brought goodies everyday, kept the fruit basket full, got DVDs for the kids, kept the coffee supplies current, and was just super nice. Patrick showed us to our room (before lunch!), took us to Cagney's for lunch, talked with us daily at Cagney's, made dinner reservations, and was super helpful getting us off the boat in record time. HINT: you will get a note to meet on deck 7 (using the forward elevators) at some time to get off the ship. People will clog the mid and aft elevators long before this time. So for sure take the forward elevators. But even more important if you are in a rush, people are getting off long before the time listed as the first debarkation. So you can meet Patrick even earlier than the stated time. We Met Patrick at 7:45 am on deck 7 and were at our gate in the airport by 8:30 am! Patrick also took us behind the scenes for the chocolate buffet early...very nice! One perk that we did NOT get was sitting in a reserved section in the Stardust. I had thought that was a perk for Owners suite, but it wasn't, at least on this cruise. It might have been to the the true celebrity more privacy, not sure. In any case, we just got to the shows early and had no trouble getting good seats.

I think you will love the AJ. The rooms looked huge (on passing by), the view will be amazing and the perks great!

Our AJ is supposed to sleep six but we are only four so it will be more than ample for us. Thanks for taking a peek!:D And for the wonderful photos of your Owners Suite!

Snowmom,

Thanks for the pictures and information. I am wondering if the sofa bed in the 2nd bedroom was comfortable for the one(s) sleeping on it? We are considering this room for our next cruise and just waiting to hear more info before deciding.

Was the celebrity on your cruise Reba by any chance? We have pictures of her coming off the ship here and our friends took her on a whale watching excursion. She was really nice in person also.
Yes, it was! We didn't see her much, on in the lounge on embarkation and one time at a restaurant. I think everyone tried to respect her privacy.

I am wondering if the sofa bed in the 2nd bedroom was comfortable for the one(s) sleeping on it? We are considering this room for our next cruise and just waiting to hear more info before deciding.
We only put one teen on each of the sofa beds. The teens loved the beds, and slept really well. The only issue with the sofa bed is that it wasn't huge...I don't know how well two people would fit. Fine for kids, iffy for teens and above. The second BR is especially nice because it is totally dark. It is impossible to make either the LR or master BR totally dark as the shades are very thin. The sun rose early on our trip, maybe not so early for you? BTW, the rollaways were very comfortable. We had one pushed up next to the windows in the master and used in during the day as a sofa...I fell asleep reading it was so comfy!

Thank you for the pictures the suite looks great. This is one of the rooms we are considering for next year.

I am trying to picture in my head what the floor plan is for the suite with 2 bedrooms, I found the one bedroom floor plan on NCL.com, but not the 2. I am thinking the 2nd bathroom in the 2 bedroom version would be nice to have.

If I read your post correctly the living room only had 2 windows. Did the living room feel cramped or dark with only 2 windows? Also did you eat any meals in your suite and if so was there plenty of room for all 6 of you to eat?

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived