Cruise Weddings

My granddaughter would like to be married on a cruise in the spring. I would appreciate any ideas, info or suggestions.

We would be including a small family reunion.

You might want to check out Eastern Caribbean cruises that include St. Thomas as a port of call. Since it is a U.s. Virgin Island, it will be easier to plan a wedding at this port and what better backdrop for a wedding than a beautiful beach in St. Thomas :)

My husband and I were marrried two years ago on the Voyager of the seas. Royal Cariibbean handled everything. It does take awhile so if she is serious about it she will need to start now. We opted to be married in the chapel on the ship instead of the other locations in St Thomas in which I was very glad. It rained on and off all that day in St thomas and I felt sorry for some of the brides and wedding party that were on the beaches or other locations.

Judy

I was married 2 1/2 years ago on Majesty of the Seas out of Miami. It was the best decision we ever made. We had 25 people come with us and we all had a blast. We took a 4-night cruise to keep costs down so more people could go. I would maybe recommend a 7-day instead. It doesn't cost a lot more and it is worth it. We got married on the boat before it left Miami. That way some of our guests who lived in FL could come on the boat for the wedding and then get off and not take the cruise.

The best advice I could give her is to get a good travel agent. My travel agent had never done this and was no help at all. I was very stressed working with her. Your travel agent should take care of the cruise and you would deal with a wedding coordinator for all the wedding details. If you book 8 or more cabins, you will get a discount. My email is christiewolff@yahoo.com if you have any more questions.

Good luck to your grandaughter.

Archived