Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Gay & Lesbian Cruisers > G&L Roll Calls

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

G&L Roll Calls Rules for Posting
- No advertising of group cruises.
- No "looking for" type posts.
-Try browsing for an existing date before you post!

Suggested format for Subject Lines: Cruise Line | Ship Name | Sail Date | Nifty or cute saying of some sort :)

Old October 16th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for sharing your experience on Allure of the Seas.
didn't seem so bad, did it? falling in love and all. Lol

I and my husband are newbies to cruising and decided to go for RCCL Allure of the Seas, since we'd love to see Sint Maarten and the Planespotting beach.

We are booked with a PiedPiper group in November, so surely there will be lot's of fellow GLBT passengers. Still I appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

I'm very much looking fwd to this cruise, and hopefully some day I get the chance to experience a Cunard cruise on the elegant QM 2.

Old January 19th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Ocean Princess Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schplinky View Post
As others have said, you will need to post a message. For myself, I like that. You get to choose the time of the meeting and you can call it whatever you want. Lines that continue to use FOD exclude a lot of people who have no idea what that phrase means. We were on Allure and posted GLBT gatherings and it worked great.
I see you have listed ocean princess for Feb 2013 - that would be what date. My partner and I will be sailing from Tahiti to Honolulu Departing Feb 18. Would be great to have other gay folks on the ship! Let me know.

wade

Old January 19th, 2013, 07:10 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade.wave View Post
I see you have listed ocean princess for Feb 2013 - that would be what date. My partner and I will be sailing from Tahiti to Honolulu Departing Feb 18. Would be great to have other gay folks on the ship! Let me know.

wade
That's too bad. We and our friends are on the sailing just before you.
Past Cruises: RCL (Allure, Oasis, Freedom, Liberty (x2), Adventure, Navigator, Mariner, Brilliance, Enchantment (x2), Majesty (x2), Sovereign), Celebrity (Constellation, Century, Solstice(x2), Eclipse), HAL (Westerdam), NCL (Sky, Star), Princess (Sapphire Princess, Ocean Princess), Carnival (Dream)

Upcoming: Celebrity Reflection - November 2013 * Quantum of the Seas - January 2015

Old January 20th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schplinky View Post
That's too bad. We and our friends are on the sailing just before you.
That's too bad. I hope there are at least a few fellow Dorothy folks on our sailing. Have a great trip!

wade

Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Allure not quite Cunard

Thanks for the great review of the Allure, that was really helpful.

I have always thought the QM2 would be full of 'A Class' gays ( ref. Armistead Maupin ) and yes a very gay friendly ship, after all the QE2 was rumoured to have a couple of very open gay bars on board during it's day.

I'm on the Allure in Nov this year and my only reservation is the dread it would be like a Disney ship full of kids and their drunk parents. But we have been assured by friends who have all been on many cruises that RC is great.

Like the review says, we chose RC as we knew it would be more informal, although I'm quite happy to dress in black tie for a dinner, I would choose not to while on vacation it's meant to be a time to relax.

I can understand the Policy not to publicise any FOD meeting or any other private meeting on the ship's newsletter and let the organisers do this for themselves.

But if everyone walks past the place they are set just because it looks quiet, then it will always be quiet

RC/Allure / Nov 17 - 24

Old January 28th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default FOD Mar 9, 2014

Myself and three other will be on the allure march 9, 2014

Old January 28th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Yes...