Frustrated with our vendor!

Mrs. Ram

I have just a little over 1 month until we set sail for our wedding and I just turned in our documents for the ceremony. Our guest count has gone up and down this whole time as I'm sure many do and we ended up with 21 (1 being a 6 year old.) Well, our vendor (Royal Ocean) that Carnival makes you use when having a wedding on Nassau, charges a fee of $150 if you have over 20 guests. We explained to them that one of our guests was 6 so I was hoping they would waive that fee since we are only 1 over and they said no! Now before the by the book police jump on me, I understand that if they say over 20 guests will be charged a fee then that means 21 but give a a BREAK! $150 for WHAT?! haha I think it should be addressed by Carnival as to why exactly they need an additional $150 for 1 child. It's just another stupid stress that they could eliminate but their vendor could care less. Carnival basically throws money at them by having no other options for brides to choose from. Now, we weren't scheming and trying to plan to have as many as possible and throwing an extra child into the count to see if we could push it, we honestly just ended up with 1 extra person once our guests all confirmed. If we had even 22 or 25 I wouldn't even try to get out of the fee but come on! UGHH! I wrote Carnival wedding dept. hoping that they can help but if they don't I'm honestly ready to throw in the towel and tell them that we are doing our ceremony at home and just do a reception on board. I am the stubborn one that refuses to just throw away my money, especially to someone that hasn't done anything for me! SO Frustrated!!!! I put my wedding off for 5 months after finding out I have a bad kidney so I can have a surgery for it and then they throw this at me yesterday right as I found out my Grandmother passed away so I may be more emotional but I think it's wrong of them!

Well, I called Carnival and asked our planner there to speak with Royal Ocean Events about waiving the fee. If they don't we will be cancelling the ceremony with them. Carnival said we are welcome to move the ceremony back onboard which will save us $2000. Our Pastor will be traveling with us so we will save ALL our money, take cabs to a beach for a quick ceremony and pictures and then have our 2 hr reception back on the ship as planned. I don't like being taken advantage of!

I have nothing to say but I completely feel your frustration. I hope Carnival can help work it all out. I am glad to hear that at least there is a plan B for you. Best of luck!

Thank you! Carnival was not able to do anything so we cancelled our wedding through them (only lost $150, thank goodness) My fiance worked some MAGIC and contacted a resort on Freeport that has offered to let us use their venue for the price of one night's stay at the resort ($178.) Which means we will have a room at the resort to get ready in and then can use the resort for the rest of the day! Plus, we are saving almost $3000!!! I am one HAPPY bride now!!! I must be completely insane though because I don't know any other bride that has completely cancelled 1 month out and started all over! It is completely worth it to me though! :D

Edited by Mrs. Ram