POA NCL's Shore Excursions

goinggoinggone

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a mixture of private tours, car rentals, and NCL excursions and sailing on the POA. Do NCL's shore excursions ever sell out before boarding or early on first day? I have a couple of their tours in mind and wonder if I must book before boarding. Thanks.

I'm not sure if they sell out, but I would definitely recommend booking everything before you get on board for two reasons:

1.) You will enjoy your trip so much better knowing your plans are all set. When you get on the ship you want to have a drink, relax, and enjoy your vacation instead of rushing down to a crowded shore excursion desk to try to figure out what you want to do.

2.) Once you are on the ship it is hard to make other arrangements with other tour companies. You won't be able to compare prices of private tours as easily and make an informed decisions. By booking ahead of time you can ensure you get the tour that is the best fit for you at the right price.

Thanks for your response. I just booked the excursions I was interested in with NCL. I called them directly because my TA was not available.

I was, however, insulted by an NCL agent. After I gave her my name and advised her what cruise I was booked on, she had a little trouble finding my reservation. I explained I booked with a TA and then she was able to find it. The NCL rep said she would have to transfer me. Well, okay it was fine up until then. She must have not pushed the transfer button because it was still an open line. I heard her talking to the other reps and complaining about me and how I wanted "full service" even though I booked with a TA. She also repeated my name loudly in a derogatory tone. I finally said, "Well, I'm still on the line." She transferred me before I got her name. What crappy service.