Coral Princess-Denali Explorer June Report

vegasbaby19

So this is my first attempt at a trip report....

Little background- There were 16 of us on Coral Princess celebrating 50th wedding anniversaries, honeymoons, retirements, and simply vacations. Age range 11-70.

We flew into Vancouver the day we left using Princess air/shuttle. Good thing we did because AA lost a piece of luggage, so things took longer than expected. We were on the last shuttle and the LAST ones to board the ship!:eek:

Got on just in time for muster drill. We had early dinner at two large tables. Waiters were fabulous.

We were various places on ship, but my room connected with two other mini suites near the aft of the boat. Great rooms as we opened the balcony doors so had a lot of space. In addition the aft viewing area was wonderful and fairly private. We saw LOTS of whales, sea otters, eagles.... sitting on our balcony throughout the week.

First day at sea was very relaxing.

First day in port was Ketchikan. I would post pics, but I have no idea how:confused: Anyway, some of us went halibut fishing, others went on a duck tour, others went shopping. Fishing was perfect. Caught fish, saw whales and eagles. Beautiful sunshine. Tendered here.

Day 3 was Juneau. Went whale watching, Mendenhall Glacier, Mt. Roberts tramway, shopping

Day 4-Skagway. Some did suspension bridge excursion through princess. Others rented car and drove to Emerald lake. Did dog sledding (wheeled carts) as well.

Day 5 Glacier Bay-beautiful

Day 6-College Forjd

Day 7 got off and got on train to head to Denali

Day 8- Some did the Natural History tour while others did the Eielson Shuttle. Those of us that did Shuttle so TONS more wildlife.

Day 9 took bus to MT McKinley princess lodge. Some of us took shuttle to Talkeeetna

Day 10 took bus to Anchorage

Day 11 headed home :(

We had fabulous weather. Never a cold day. Our day in Denali was super windy and we had layer up with our outer jackets, but the rest of the time was wonderful.

Feel free to let me know if have any questions.