Stingray City and Turtle Farm through Viator, has anyone been on this tour?

Cruisenthusiast

Hi everyone! I'm researching excursions for our stop in Grand Cayman in January, and I'm on the fence about booking through Carnival. We want to go to Stingray City and the turtle farm, but upon reading the reviews for this excursion on carnival.com, it sounds like we would be rushed. I found a private tour through Viator that seems a little more relaxed, and it costs less. Has anyone been on this particular excursion through Viator, how would you rate the quality, and was it fun? Thank you for your input!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone! I'm researching excursions for our stop in Grand Cayman in January, and I'm on the fence about booking through Carnival. We want to go to Stingray City and the turtle farm, but upon reading the reviews for this excursion on carnival.com, it sounds like we would be rushed. I found a private tour through Viator that seems a little more relaxed, and it costs less. Has anyone been on this particular excursion through Viator, how would you rate the quality, and was it fun? Thank you for your input!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are also making a stop in Grand Cayman in January and are looking for both the stingrays and the turtle farm. Following....

• 2 weeks later...
We plan on doing this with Captain Marvin's during our Oct 16-23 cruise. I'll try to post afterwards on how it went. I have full confidence that it'll be good and we'll have plenty of time.

Lee

I would appreciate it, I ended up booking with Captain Marvins also for our January Trip.

My sister and I did Captain Marvin's on our October 2015 cruise on the Carnival Magic, had a great time posed for pictures and got back to the boat in plenty of time. The guides were all really friendly and the captain of the boat we were on was very professional and knowledgeable, they even gave us some complementary punch while we snorkeled. We booked through Expedia.

• 2 weeks later...

Have used them twice both times were amazing. I ask about doing those together last time. I was told they will not do it for cruise ships because of the time. I sure it would be rushed, we are going again in February and doing just the turtles this time.