Vancouver Wineries

Pebbs48

Are there any wineries within walking distance of Downtown / Canada Place that are worth the visit? I found the Urban Winery not far from Gastown which got pretty good reviews on Yelp / TA. We are also planning a visit over to Granville Island. Should I just go to the wine store there & save some time?

I am hoping to pick up a couple bottles to take on board with me. I am not a wine connoisseur by any means.

Thanks!

Are there any wineries within walking distance of Downtown / Canada Place that are worth the visit? I found the Urban Winery not far from Gastown which got pretty good reviews on Yelp / TA. We are also planning a visit over to Granville Island. Should I just go to the wine store there & save some time?

I am hoping to pick up a couple bottles to take on board with me. I am not a wine connoisseur by any means.

Thanks!

The urban winery is the closest thing to a wine-making place in downtown (and even then, it's actually made elsewhere and just kegged on-site - their deal is distributing draft wine to restos). The block or two around the site can be very disturbing to folks unused to the DTES - it's a very rare occasion I don't see a few drug deals/passed out junkies/hookers etc walking there. If you're taking the trolley HOHO they have a stop right at the front door.

Granville Island only offers private liquor stores - pricier than the provincial ones, though they carry brands (usually swankier ones) not sold in BC Liquor. Unless you're very picky about wine why spend the extra cash and walk further? If you just want to buy wine, the Harbour Centre BC Liquor store is your best bet - especially if you don't need the high-end stuff.