Vanity Mirrors on QM2

judy&steve

Do any of you ladies or gentlemen recall if there is a light-up magnifying mirror on the vanity area of the cabin?

I was pleasantly surprised on our last few cruises on RCI because they had makeup mirrors. I need as much light and magnification as I can get:)

I have a Sharper Image travel mirror that is useless. I guess I'll have to start looking for a better one.

--Judy

Hello, Judy,

I travel with a 10X mirror for makeup purposes. I can't see to draw a straight line on my eyelid without my glasses, but with a 10X mirror, I can see perfectly well.

Try a place like Bed, Bath & Beyond--they seem to have a nice selection of magnifying mirrors. I've seen photos of the bathroom area on QM2, and unless you are in a suite, they don't have mag mirrors.

Regards,

No mag mirrors.

Your choices (other than bringing your own ) are the bathroom mirror, sitting on the toilet, with flourescent lighting, or the desk, with two incandescent wall lights (with shades) on either side of the mirror next to the TV, which is where I usually was putting on make up. The hair dryer is in the top side drawer at that desk.

Sorry. There is an electrical outlet at the dsk, if you bring a lighted mag mirror, but if you will be plugging in more than one item, bring a power strip or extension cord with multiple outlets. The hair dryer is wired in inside the drawer and cannot be unplugged.

Karie,

Who just returned from here second QM2 trip 4 days ago.

Thanks Katie,

I have never needed a power strip on other ships. I always bring a laptop and my hairdryer and flatiron. There is one outlet on the vanity, isn't there? I'm pretty sure I won't be able to plug my hairdryer or flatiron into the shaver outlet in the bathroom. So, I'll have to do my hair in the main part of the cabin as well.

Did you stay in a Princess Grill suite?

--Judy

Thanks Katie,

I have never needed a power strip on other ships. I always bring a laptop and my hairdryer and flatiron. There is one outlet on the vanity, isn't there? I'm pretty sure I won't be able to plug my hairdryer or flatiron into the shaver outlet in the bathroom. So, I'll have to do my hair in the main part of the cabin as well.

Did you stay in a Princess Grill suite?

--Judy

Ahh, if only. Now then I wouldn't have had such delightful company for dinner in the Brittania! Nope we were in an A1 or A2 cabin. (11 deck balcony)

No actual "vanity" per se. Can't speak to the grills, as I did not stay in one of them.

QG cabins have a separate dressing table opposite the walk-in closet; PG cabins don't. No magnifying mirrors in either. We were in a PG last time and my wife says that she managed fine with just her small hand mirror.

The only extra things we had to plug in were a toothbrush and a laptop; if you have lots more, maybe you should bring a power strip. BTW, I've found that non-rechargeable lithium batteries last so long that I'll never again spend another dime on rechargeable batteries and their chargers.

Paul

Archived