QE2 NY-LA,SFO, Sydney Jan 8 2006

captain_rad

Raphael, I will be aboard for the full cruise, beginning in New York. Looking forward to meeting you and others from the board. Because you have experienced the world cruise, I wonder if you could answer some questions I have? Did you use any of the shore excursions during last year's cruise? If so, how was the quality? Are there other options? I, most generally, do not purchase excursions, although as a solo traveler this time it might be a consideration. Are complimentary shuttles provided when the ship docks at some distance from the port city of interest? Thanks for your help.

Bobby

Hi Bobby

My wife and I have learned our lesson on shore excusions and try to stay away from them. On our last cruise, LA-Sydney we only took one and it was terrible. At most of the ports we took the shuttle into town and jumped on a local tour bus, and guess who we kept bumping into. Yep, the QE2 tours.

Hawaii we rented a car.

Fiji it poured so all the tours were canceled, so we ran through the rain drops and had a ball.

All the other ports we talked to the crew for ideas and headed off on our own. We had a great time doing that and plan to do the same thing this next time.

Look forward to meeting you on board.

Hi Bobby

My wife and I have learned our lesson on shore excusions and try to stay away from them. On our last cruise, LA-Sydney we only took one and it was terrible. At most of the ports we took the shuttle into town and jumped on a local tour bus, and guess who we kept bumping into. Yep, the QE2 tours.

Hawaii we rented a car.

Fiji it poured so all the tours were canceled, so we ran through the rain drops and had a ball.

All the other ports we talked to the crew for ideas and headed off on our own. We had a great time doing that and plan to do the same thing this next time.

Look forward to meeting you on board.

Thank you for your advice. While reading through other posts, I realized that we already exchanged comments on the subject, so I thank you twice for helping out! I am retiring early at 55 and this cruise is my gift to myself, so I am very excited as well as a bit overwhelmed with all the details to organize. My head is swimming with so many questions. Whenever I get some answered, it seems more pop up. There are apparently quite a few CruiseCritic members on the full world cruise or segments. Does a get together get organized?

Counting the days!

Archived