Les Salines Beach

Mach1

This will be a new stop for us -- couple questions:

Has anyone been to Les Salines Beach? Any experience with the ferry from the port area to the St Anne area? Is it a long ferry ride? To far to go, good schedule?

We are trying to find a nice beach to visit so any help would be great.

Thank you!

I don't think that there is a ferry that goes to Salines beach. The ferry goes to 2 or three stops in the Trois Islet area. Salines beach is a pretty far drive from port. Taxis are very expensive and the traffic in the city is bad. I wouldn't try to drive there although the roads are very good. The island itself is very large. Maps of it are deceiving. I went on an excursion where we drove in a bus for over an hour to get to a beach that wasn't as far as Salines beach.

Well, I have only been to Martinique once in November of '13. I had a terrible time finding information on the port. Therefore I did something that I hardly ever do: I took a ship excursion with RCL. It was a whole lot of driving and a very short beach stop. I didn't like all the driving in the bus, but I saw a good chunk of the island. There is a huge agricultural industry there mostly growing bananas and sugar cane. The fields go on and on. I was shocked at how modern the infrastructure was compared to almost all of the other islands I have been to.

We will return to Martinique in February of '16. I plan on taking the public ferry which now costs €9 to the beach across the harbor from the ship pier. From what I read, there are 3 stops. I plan on getting off at the second stop. There is supposed to be a small shopping area and a nice beach. The ferry was an easy walking distance from the cruise pier.

If you have more information after your trip, please come back and share! There is precious little information on this port.