Anyone on Instagram or Follow Cruise theme Instagrams?

I was on Instagram for a while, but their tems of service were so onerous that I deleted my account.

"Instagram does not claim ownership of any Content that you post on or through the Service. Instead, you hereby grant to Instagram a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use the Content that you post on or through the Service, subject to the Service's Privacy Policy, available here http://instagram.com/legal/privacy/, including but not limited to sections 3 ("Sharing of Your Information"), 4 ("How We Store Your Information"), and 5 ("Your Choices About Your Information"). You can choose who can view your Content and activities, including your photos, as described in the Privacy Policy."

"Fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable" loosely translates to "we can make money off of your image and don't need to pay you because you granted us permission when you posted it".

After a huge uproar and the loss of 25% of their users, they removed the part that made you, the photographer, responsible for any legal fees, fines, or other prosecution if they used the above claimed rights and sub-licensed a photo of yours that included anyone who didn't sign a model release and sued Instagram for it's use.

I understand that they are in business to make money, but most companies are at least willing to share income from content to the providers of said content.

My opinion only. Your mileage may vary. :)

Dave

Edited by pierces