QM2 April 22 sailing? or April 23 sailing?

trvlexprt

Hi Folks,
Wanted to know if someone here possibly would know if QM2 is sailing out on 4/22 or 4/23
There are a couple of TA that I know that are on board QM2 4/22 for a 2 night cruise.
We cannot seem to get a straight answer as to whether or not QM2 will be in port overnight on 4/22 and sail out 4/23 or if QM2 will be sailing out on 4/22.
According to [url="http://www.nypst.com"]www.nypst.com[/url] it is stated there that QM2 will be laying in berth overnight on the 22nd and departing @ 17:45pm on the 23rd.
I really would like to know since I am very concerned with parking and traffic at the pier for my Carnival cruise that leaves 4/23.Plus I would like to get up there early if in fact QM2 will still be in port so I can see her.
Cunard has no answers.The last bit of info given was that QM2 was sailing 4/23 @ 12:00 to allow "The Today Show" to broadcast live from the ship.
Anyone have any other info or is this going to be a daily change of schedule until she arrives?

Thanks,

Carol

Legend to Bermuda - 4/23/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;4;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I [I]thought[/I] I knew that QM2 was leaving on 4/22 for 2 days (back 4/24 am) and that the nypst information was way off (they don't have QE2 right either).

But after today -- with the Coast Guard setting its stupid rules for the arrival at the last minute, I'd say anything was possible.

I'd put my money on the 4/22 2 night trip though. It's probably fair to say that pissing off 1000 (?) travel agents would be Cunard's last resort.

The only people who actually know at this point -- if anyone does -- are Cunard's PR people. You might also want to keep an eye on the World Ship Society, NY website -- as they had very accurate information about the fireworks display a week before it was made public.

The "Today" show and Katy Couric also appear to have an "in" with Cunard, so they will likely be accomodated -- but [I]perhaps[/I] on different timing than you suggested. If your Today source is good, however, well...like I said: anything's possible.

Also, see the thread on this board "Busy Queens in New York." There's a lot of info there.

Good luck, and please tell us if you uncover anything!

Crouton

[This message was edited by Crouton on 04-17-04 at 12:13 AM.]

Archived