Carnival Glory May 16, 2015 wedding

Here's just a quick run through of the wedding!

Where do I start? My fiancé and I are obsessed with cruising. What better way for us we thought to get married on board. We decided back in October we would get married on board. We chose the Carnival Glory, May 16 2015. It was perfect!

You have to book the cruise first in order to book the wedding. We purchased the time to celebrate big package. They sent out paper work on the wedding right away. They give you the option with this package to rent a dj, or bring your own music and play it yourself. We rented the dj for $105.

The day before the wedding we stayed at a hotel in Miami so I could use carnivals salon for hair and make up. For the money they charge, $115 per hair style and make up each, I was not impressed. Hair was alright but makeup not good at all! Didn't stop me from having a perfect day. They showed up at 7am Saturday morning to start all the work. We got to the port a little after 10 and the wedding coordinator was also running late. We got checked in and waited till about 12 to get on board. I thought we'd have a bit more time than 40 minutes to get ready so that was kind of a downer but not carnivals fault.

My room was ready and I asked in Advance if my parents room could be ready for the guys and it was. The photographer called my room asking if it was alright if he came to the room around 1230 to take pictures. The wedding coordinator said she was going to pick me up at my room at 1240 to head down to the ceremony but didn't show till after one. The ceremony was supposed to start at one by the way.....

The photographer came and took some shots but more video shots. The coordinator finally came and we headed down to the ceremony. My wedding took place at the ebony lounge all the way in the back. Ceremony was good. No rehearsal on how we were to walk in so it kinda got messed up but no big deal. It was about a 15 minute ceremony. We took some family pictures right after.

The reception was in the white heat night club. The food was very good and set up so nicely. The drinks were good. My cake was very good. We put extra decor on it. Let me tell you, the reception goes by so fast. I swear it felt like only 10 minutes.

This wedding was beyond perfect. I would do it over in a heart beat. Just wish the reception was longer!!!

If you have any questions at all, please ask!

ImageUploadedByForums1433804003.290081.jpg.daab9ca68dd55f25cbfc4a5d98530368.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1433803962.755162.jpg.97746a762cdd116caf7d7a98a008de96.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1433803984.672548.jpg.78a5f9f60c0d566819c969cb825a42c8.jpg

My wedding is oct 31 at port canaveral so I have a few questions. When the photographer came up I'm assuming you were already dressed..so no pictures of you getting ready? Did they take the photos of you two around the ship after the reception and everyone left?

Thank you for the honest review and pictures! I'm glad you had an amazing day, and didn't sweat the little things. You look gorgeous, and happy!

Did you choose your own music for the ceremony? If so, how did that go? If not, how was the one provided?

My wedding is oct 31 at port canaveral so I have a few questions. When the photographer came up I'm assuming you were already dressed..so no pictures of you getting ready? Did they take the photos of you two around the ship after the reception and everyone left?

I was getting ready at the time he came in. He took shots of my dress being tied up and also my fixing my jewelry. He made an amazing video out of the whole wedding it was amazing. We did take a few pictures around the ship after everyone left. I had way too much to drink at the reception and had to stop taking pictures lol. He was nice enough to let us take them later on during the cruise.

Thank you for the honest review and pictures! I'm glad you had an amazing day, and didn't sweat the little things. You look gorgeous, and happy!

Did you choose your own music for the ceremony? If so, how did that go? If not, how was the one provided?

Thank you! For our ceremony in the paper work they sent there were a few choices you can chose from for your bridal party entrance and also my entrance. I just chose the 'normal' songs they play. You can also chose your own and bring it to them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hello, I'm getting married on the breeze on October 24th, and I'm just wondering if any of the pictures ran into the sail away party. We have a group of 20 going with us and half of them have never been on a cruise and I'd like to be there with them. Thank you.

We took some right after the wedding but ended up taking them later on in the cruise. The pictures didn't run into the sail away party. We had time to make it

I am getting married on the Glory April 16th of next year. I was wondering if you have any recommendations for hotels in the area & what you did for transportation for the guests to the cruise terminal?

We stayed at the courtyard Marriott. I had to stay close because I had carnival come for my hair and make up. Most of my guest stayed there as well and just drove to the port the next morning.