POA - rental car overnight parking at Kahului

lanord

We have done this on previous Hawai'i cruises, but I wanted to confirm this is still true: is the parking lot near the ship still available for overnight parking? We are going to Old Lahaina Luau the first night, and won't get back to the ship until probably 10:00, so we wanted to be prepared for where we might have to park the rental car overnight.

Not sure where you parked, but in August, the lot next to the ship was already full when we returned and the security guard directed us down the street a couple blocks to another area which had security as well. The walk back was easy and the sidewalk was fenced in on each side so it was very safe and well lit.

Not sure where you parked, but in August, the lot next to the ship was already full when we returned and the security guard directed us down the street a couple blocks to another area which had security as well. The walk back was easy and the sidewalk was fenced in on each side so it was very safe and well lit.

We parked in the lot next to the ship, and I seem to remember that, even returning to ship around dinnertime, we may have gotten one of the last couple of spots in the "main" lot. Just curious if the situation was still the same. Thanks for the info!!

Hi

We just got back from our POA cruise and we rented a car as well. The parking lot that's right next to the ship was closed when we were there. You will need to park at the other larger lot close to Kaahumanu Ave. There's a pedestrian walkway that takes you to this lot. When we got back from the luau (around 9:15-9:30ish) the lot was pretty full.

When we were picked up by the car rental shuttle (we were with Alamo), the driver took us to the parking lot so we know where to park overnight.

Hope this helps.

Hi

We just got back from our POA cruise and we rented a car as well. The parking lot that's right next to the ship was closed when we were there. You will need to park at the other larger lot close to Kaahumanu Ave. There's a pedestrian walkway that takes you to this lot. When we got back from the luau (around 9:15-9:30ish) the lot was pretty full.

When we were picked up by the car rental shuttle (we were with Alamo), the driver took us to the parking lot so we know where to park overnight.

Hope this helps.

Yes, this helps a lot! Thanks so for much for the info! :)

Hope you had a great cruise on the POA.

Yes, this helps a lot! Thanks so for much for the info! :)

Hope you had a great cruise on the POA.

The lot right by the pedestrian walkway (the closest one possible) WAS open when I was there just last week. I walked over to the National on Monday and rented one. I didn't quite realize what that lot was for until my wife said something.

-jarrod

• 1 month later...