VISAS Indonesia (Bitung) and Brunei (Bandar Seri Begawan)

melb1988

Hi All!!

Just question in regards to Visas for Bitung & Bandar Seri Begawan on my upcoming trip on the QM2 in Feb.. As an Australian citizen I do require a Visa to visit each of these ports, but having never had to organise a Visa before for a cruise port in my life, I'm just after some advice. I've checked the Visa Direct website and I see that i can pre obtain the visas through them but I am wondering if i would be able to purchase a Visa upon arrival at these ports? I find it strange that If I am to pre purchase a Visa I need to provide photo graph, proof of finances (with minimum balance of $2000) and a lot of other documents etc. When I have purchased visas in the past upon arrival at airports these things aren't required, other than passport.. I've never needed to have my financial situation checked? forgive me if this is all the standard procedure but it is relatively new to me. Any help/info/advice would be great, thank you all :)

:)

Hi All!!

Just question in regards to Visas for Bitung & Bandar Seri Begawan on my upcoming trip on the QM2 in Feb.. As an Australian citizen I do require a Visa to visit each of these ports, but having never had to organise a Visa before for a cruise port in my life, I'm just after some advice. I've checked the Visa Direct website and I see that i can pre obtain the visas through them but I am wondering if i would be able to purchase a Visa upon arrival at these ports? I find it strange that If I am to pre purchase a Visa I need to provide photo graph, proof of finances (with minimum balance of $2000) and a lot of other documents etc. When I have purchased visas in the past upon arrival at airports these things aren't required, other than passport.. I've never needed to have my financial situation checked? forgive me if this is all the standard procedure but it is relatively new to me. Any help/info/advice would be great, thank you all :)

:)

It seems that you may get a visa on arrival without the financial nonsense, the visa company probably say that so they appear to working hard for you, see http://www.borneo.com.au/general/visas/bvisas

The same goes for Bitung http://indonesiskaambassaden.se/visa/visa-on-arrival/

Edited by capnpugwash

It seems that you may get a visa on arrival without the financial nonsense, the visa company probably say that so they appear to working hard for you, see http://www.borneo.com.au/general/visas/bvisas

The same goes for Bitung http://indonesiskaambassaden.se/visa/visa-on-arrival/

Thank you so much for those links!!

Most helpful, cheers :)

Have you checked whether or not Cunard will obtain the visas for passengers on arrival in Indonesia?

I'm just asking the question, as we have been to Indonesia and other SE Asian ports on 3 different cruise lines and on each occasion the visas have been obtained by the 'ship' and the amount charged to our on board account. The last time we visited Indonesia by ship was in March this year and visas were obtained on passengers' behalf.

Perhaps Cunard operates differently but it would be worth checking as it saves an awful lot of trouble. :D

Have a lovely cruise.

Have you checked whether or not Cunard will obtain the visas for passengers on arrival in Indonesia?

I'm just asking the question, as we have been to Indonesia and other SE Asian ports on 3 different cruise lines and on each occasion the visas have been obtained by the 'ship' and the amount charged to our on board account. The last time we visited Indonesia by ship was in March this year and visas were obtained on passengers' behalf.

Perhaps Cunard operates differently but it would be worth checking as it saves an awful lot of trouble. :D

Have a lovely cruise.

Yes I originally thought that this would just be the case as Cunard does do world voyages, I can't see why they would expect a passanger to organize so many visas themselves? I can't quite recall but I think the topic may have come up when talking with Cunard on the phone after I made the booking and I think (I cannot be certain as I did not really take note at the time) I was told that we need to organize our own visas!

Thanks for reminding me though, I shall be contacting them to re confirm this!

Cheers

Don't know if this will be of any help, but I just stumbled across this information on the Cunard website:

"Friday 29 August 2014 - IMPORTANT - Changes to World Cruise Visa Packs

The process has now changed from our previous 2014 World Cruises, we are pleased to provide our passengers with a simple online solution to all your World Cruise visa requirements http://www.cibtvisas.co.uk/cunard

We will no longer be sending any information through the post, everything is now online for our passenger to print off relevant visa details for their World Cruise." copied from

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/latest_news/World_cruise_CIBT

Don't know if this will be of any help, but I just stumbled across this information on the Cunard website:

"Friday 29 August 2014 - IMPORTANT - Changes to World Cruise Visa Packs

The process has now changed from our previous 2014 World Cruises, we are pleased to provide our passengers with a simple online solution to all your World Cruise visa requirements http://www.cibtvisas.co.uk/cunard

We will no longer be sending any information through the post, everything is now online for our passenger to print off relevant visa details for their World Cruise." copied from

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/latest_news/World_cruise_CIBT

Hi!

I did see this site, but I think it's only referring to people who would like to orr ourchase their visa's (mind you it's very expensive!)

I can get my visa upon arrival at the port :)

Cheers

Hi!

I did see this site, but I think it's only referring to people who would like to orr ourchase their visa's (mind you it's very expensive!)

I can get my visa upon arrival at the port :)

Cheers

Hi melb. Yes, I think that site is of limited value to those not living in the UK, but it does offer information to other nationalities regarding visa requirements.

Glad to hear you'll have no problem getting your visa at the port. Best wishes for a wonderful voyage :) -S.

Hi melb. Yes, I think that site is of limited value to those not living in the UK, but it does offer information to other nationalities regarding visa requirements.

Glad to hear you'll have no problem getting your visa at the port. Best wishes for a wonderful voyage :) -S.

It is a very helpful website, makes it so much easier to see where you need a visa.

Thanks for the well wishes :)

I am very excited and look forward to giving you all my review!

Melb,

Thanks for that. My wife and i are on the same cruise as yourself. So that,s one less thing I have to sort out.

Regrds Phil..

No worries Phill!

I really just wasn't sure and I really did not want to spend a lot more pre purchasing them, if I didn't have too!

Should be a great little segment, I've never been to Indoneasia & Brunei or even Hong Kong for that matter! :)

I like the the good mix of sea days compared to port days also!

Edited by melb1988

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for resolving this I have been chasing up info for same cruise.

For anyone interested in the outcome, I spoke to Cunard and the Visas will be available upon arrival in both ports!

That's the outcome I was hoping for :)