Answer re Thrifty car return at Seattle Piers

mckendus

I finally tracked down a definitive answer about where Thrifty car rentals can be dropped off at the piers. Karen knew what she was talking about ....as did others. :rolleyes: (Not that we doubted them!) I had emailed someone and received this reply today:

Greetings—your car return will be directly to Pier 48, then shuttle via van to Pier 66. Thrifty operates a kiosk only at the cruise terminals. Apologies for your confusion – we will contact Thrifty to get accurate information to its customers.

Jean Cox General Manager

Cruise Terminals of America

206.615.3939 [fax]

www.cruiseterminalsofamerica.com

Now those of us knowing this can save time and hassle by going straight to Pier 48. :D Hope this information helps someone besides myself.

I finally tracked down a definitive answer about where Thrifty car rentals can be dropped off at the piers. Karen knew what she was talking about ....as did others. :rolleyes: (Not that we doubted them!) I had emailed someone and received this reply today:

Greetings—your car return will be directly to Pier 48, then shuttle via van to Pier 66. Thrifty operates a kiosk only at the cruise terminals. Apologies for your confusion – we will contact Thrifty to get accurate information to its customers.

Jean Cox General Manager

Cruise Terminals of America

206.615.3939 [fax]

www.cruiseterminalsofamerica.com

Now those of us knowing this can save time and hassle by going straight to Pier 48. :D Hope this information helps someone besides myself.

Good to know that I haven't TOTALLY lost it.....:eek:

I'm glad somebody finally tracked down a definite answer! It's a shame that some people are paying extra to rent "at the pier" and they are still going to have to shuttle to Pier 48.

I'm glad somebody finally tracked down a definite answer! It's a shame that some people are paying extra to rent "at the pier" and they are still going to have to shuttle to Pier 48.

I don't know anything about paying extra.......I don't seem to be, but then I'm just dropping off, not picking up.

I don't know anything about paying extra.......I don't seem to be, but then I'm just dropping off, not picking up.

Some people have reported that when they went to book they were given the option of booking for Pier 66 or Terminal 30 and that the price was more than booking a reservation at Pier 48.

Archived