Transportation from SF airport to terminal

Casey2

My son just booked a last minute cruise to Alaska. There is not much time to plan as he leaves in 3 weeks. He leaves from San Francisco. Unfortunately he has to fly in the day of the cruise. How far is the terminal from the airport (SFO)?. What is the best and quickest way to get from the airport to the terminal?

Would he be able to make an 11:15 AM flight out of SF.

if he is healthy and strong, and doesn't have too much luggage, he could hop on BART at the airport and go the the Embarcadero station. go above ground and either walk--or take the F line--surface street car--goes up embaradero and he can get off at the pier.

11:15 flight is pretty tight. he would need to get off the ship by 8 am, and get to sfo by 9. it is doable.

I recommend taking a taxi because BART doesn't take you directly to the pier - you will still need to take a taxi. The airport vans can have multiple pick ups and sometimes you have to wait for them at the airport. Taxis are plentiful. I am a believer in starting off your vacation right - yes, it will cost a tad more. But cruises are hardly budget vacations, so it would be money well spent IMO.

I am not sure about your question about out of San Fran at 11:15 - you are talking about his return flight? I couldn't tell you what time he will be able to get off the ship. Check the boards for specific cruise line - each line has different policies.

You are very kind to be planning your son's vacation!

Archived