cabin review

ednria

I have just checked the VP and discovered that we have been allocated cabin #8031. I reviewed the deck plans and found a photo of the view. It appears that we are a bit forward, starboard and have a connecting room, not relevant, that is what locks are for. The balcony is almost totally obstructed, but we are sailing Nov/Dec (same cabin both trips), so the view is not really important, nothing to see but the ocean, but the opportunity for fresh air is quite important.

I have written this tome only to ask if there is anyone out there that sailed in this cabin, and any comments?

Thank you,

Ed and Maria

I'm assuming you are referring to QM2 here? If so, we did the Autumn Getaway in 2012 in 8113 which is at the aft end of the lifeboats, and on the same side.

We found the cabin to be nice and light due to the balcony, although 8113 is classed as Unobstructed. We used the balcony, but as the voyage was also October it was a bit chilly and a bit wet out there. The lifeboat might actually give you some protection from the wind & still allow the extra light into your room.

Hope you enjoy your voyage!

JollyJack - thanks for your response. It is quite helpful. Hadn't considered the fact that the lifeboat would be a nice windbreak. I agree about the chilly, we returned from the UK 2 yrs ago in Oct. It seemed to be always drizzly and windy. Hardly seemed worth getting the balcony!

Will be worse this time, as we are EB in mid Nov and WB in mid Dec. Oh well, the price you pay for the experience.

Thanks again for your response.